Golf in Hawaii - Sept 18-29 - Kona & Maui

As title states. Ill be in:

• Big Island (Kohala Coast) 18th-23rd
  • Maui 23rd to 29th

The Big Island I know really well. Plan on playing Mauna Lani South, perhaps one of the Waikoloas and may even drive down to play Makalei.

Maui: Planation course is a must. they aerate Sept 2-3. so play would have to be on the weekend. (26 and 27).

Also looking to play King Kamahameha. i do not know Maui as well as the Big Island so suggestions are welcome.

Will be playing with my father who is 30HDCP. I play to a 4hdcp and am comfortable from < 7100 yards ( prob less with hawaii winds) but with my recent loss of a piece of my left thumb... who knows??

hit me up if youll be there!

IMO Mauna Kea is the best course on the Big Island. And I think it's recently been "freshened up" as the hotel was. Way better than the Waikaloa's. Four Seasons course is supposed to be good too, haven't played it.

IMO Mauna Kea is the best course on the Big Island. And I think it's recently been "freshened up" as the hotel was. Way better than the Waikaloa's. Four Seasons course is supposed to be good too, haven't played it.

I actually havent played MK since they remolded it. Maybe i should check that one out. Waikoloa is solid and we get discounts but i have litereally played those courses maybe 100+ times.

Four Seasons Hualalai is a good course but not great. Its nothing all that memorable and relatively easy. i really wish i could get onto Lanai but they are currently renovating the challenge and the other course is aerating mid september

Where are you staying?

I got a couple hook ups and know the best spots to eat local food.

Chris,

Big Island - Hilton Grand Vacations

Maui - Grand Wailea

what do you recommend in Maui? We are basically locals on the big island (would welcome more hotspots) but know nothing about Maui.

I love Maui, I was there a month ago and can't get enough.

Off the top of my head:

- Play Kapalua & Makena GC

- Road to Hana ( go all the way around ) and visit 7 sacred falls and eat at the thai spot down there. ( Leave at 7-8am )

- Snorkel or Snuba at Molokini with a boat tour

- Eat at Monkey Pod's in Wailea

- Eat at Ka'ana kitchen at Hyatt Andaz Maui in Wailea

- Eskimo Candy in Wailea

- Eat at Star Noodle in Lahaina

- Sit on beach in Makena

- Be a tourist at the Lahaina Luau

theres also a kinda links course in maui on the way to the airport, cant think of its name.

its really weird bec its a links format ,but not on the sea.

its worth a game for sure

i had a great day there.

Im going Jan 12 for 10days family hols. I think the most I can play is 'one' :( so hired clubs I guess lol.

Chris,

thanks for the suggestions. ill def try them out especially the food.

I played Makena maybe 15 years ago but that was when i was a wee lad.

Have you or has anyone played King Kamahameha?

Chris,

thanks for the suggestions. ill def try them out especially the food.

I played Makena maybe 15 years ago but that was when i was a wee lad.

Have you or has anyone played King Kamahameha?

Maui has very haoule influenced food the places I suggested are tops local favorites. Beware of spending big bucks in the resorty areas, I'm excited for you and jealous.

Drive around down to the end past Wailea & Makena where it has some mansions and small more private beaches.

Im going Jan 12 for 10days family hols. I think the most I can play is 'one' :( so hired clubs I guess lol.

10 days - 1 round? No, It's hard to be busy for 10 days in Maui, time slows down there, your brain will adjust and time will open for another round.

Makena is closed, they say for renovation but they haven't hired anyone. Shame really, great course with awesome views.

You suck, one round with hired clubs? Give up your TSG card, go in shame.

You have to play the Plantation course in the wind and the Bay course as well. I haven't played the King but I'm sure you should play that as well, it's your vacation too. Bring your sticks, how could you play rentals?

plantation is a must if u can play just one. , play after 11am the price goes form 250 per round to 75,

coincidentally the wind goes the opposite from dead calm Am to ........ errrrrrm ..., character building by mid day.

heck of a course

plantation is a must if u can play just one. , play after 11am the price goes form 250 per round to 75,

coincidentally the wind goes the opposite from dead calm Am to ........ errrrrrm ..., character building by mid day.

heck of a course

i checked their website and i think after 11am the best price is see is 215 USD. the kapalua site is 228 USD. is 75 USD perhaps during slow season?

im definitely going to be bringing my clubs. I NEVER rent. Also, i will finally get to test out the geotech muso shaft in my t388!

It's almost windy there all the time. But the course is designed to play with the wind.

• 2 weeks later...

Mauna Kea action! first time playing here since they remodeled the greens and bunkers. i think they did a great job just wish i converted on more birdies. lipped out 3 of 4 chances within 10 feet. ugh.

Mauna Lani tomorrow!

Range:

post-14891-0-38439900-1411445916_thumb.j

post-14891-0-55453300-1411445937_thumb.j

post-14891-0-81248800-1411445977_thumb.j

post-14891-0-87907400-1411446013_thumb.j

A little JDM in Hawaii

post-14891-0-99630900-1411445994_thumb.j

post-14891-0-58577400-1411445958_thumb.j

Mauna Kea and Mauna Lani two great courses, wish I was there.

Ahh, you followed my sage advice. LOVE Mauna Kea, but haven't been in 20+ years and won't be going anytime soon.