Ian-500 ever changing WITB

Ian-500

Nice bay Sir.. Can I have that driver when your done? Oh yeah, what shafts do you have in those wedges?

Edited by cuistot

Nice bay Sir.. Can I have that driver when your done? Oh yeah, what shafts do you have in those wedges?

The driver is yours at the start of 2017, but knowing me it'll be next month:)

Wedges have Steelfiber i125.

Ian, hows that Proceed fairway go for you?

Maybe you could take a photo at address?

Good bag champ!

• 1 month later...

All change except for the putter.

Driver: Kamui Works Ray 9° with a Fujikura Fuel 70x

5w: Kamui Works Ray 18° with a Muziik Bangvoo 787x

Rescue: Adams PNT 22° with Aldila Proto 80s

Irons: Taylormade Burner Forged with Basarra 315s

Wedges: S-Yard Bold Limited Edition satin 52/58 with DG S200

Had to change everything, as I needed gear to suit my game (more forgiving).

Just had the driver built so can't give an opinion on it yet, but it looks good. SW is C9 and plays at 44 1/2". Going to test it out with lead tape this coming week.

The 5w is awesome. Favourite club in the bag at the moment. SW is D9 and plays at 42 1/2". Very forgiving and the shaft is super stable.

The Basarra iron shafts are light but hold up really well. I think they spin the ball a little too much but I like the feel of them. The iron heads look great.

Will post pictures when the wedges turn up!!

Ian.. How's it compare to the jBeam or the Egg in terms of ease of use?

Ian.. How's it compare to the jBeam or the Egg in terms of ease of use?

I think with this shaft the jbeam would be very similar in performance, and look better too. It's a similar head size and face shape.

The egg I never found it easy to use, just looked too closed and was too light to work for me, so this would be a distant 3rd place.

Edited by Ian-500

• 3 months later...

post-15035-0-65801700-1463312218_thumb.j

post-15035-0-97907400-1463312267_thumb.j

post-15035-0-73301700-1463312313_thumb.j

Driver: has been a great find. Enough adjustability for those that like to mess about with lofts and weights (I have the weight kit) and it also looks great. I don't know if the face milling works or not but it looks cool. I have this set at 10* loft with a 0.5* open FA and I think slightly more upright. Great combo with the FEX shaft.

5w: hasn't been tested off the turf or tee as yet but I had no trouble with it off a range mat. I like the fact that it has a weight that can be changed for a lighter or heavier weight if needs be. Nice sound and feel. To be continued.

4u: hasn't been tested off the turf or tee as yet but I had no trouble with it off a range mat. I like the fact that it has a weight that can be changed for a lighter or heavier weight if needs be. Nice sound and feel. To be continued.

Changed my Adams LS 5w and 4 hybrid for the above as the Adams felt dead. Possibly because of the speed slot?

Burner Forged: Very good. Love the look (the main reason I bought them), feel good and are forgiving enough for me. Not as soft as OnOff Forged 2013 but very similar to Yamaha 2010/2011 Tours.

Bolds: Jury is out on these. Feel is ok, spin is average at best. I haven't been in any bunkers of late so I can't tell if the 58 is any good in sand or not. Very forgiving though but they're just not exciting enough. These may be changed for other wedges over this Summer........

Edited by Ian-500

post-15035-0-51319300-1463312388_thumb.j

post-15035-0-99504000-1463312442_thumb.j

post-15035-0-91865500-1463312487_thumb.j

The Quadra driver shaft is awesome. As long as anything but really tight with it. Great feel too.

I can really go after it with this shaft, which I love to do :)

The stock shaft in the 5w is too loose and will need to be changed (anyone have a Quadra FEX going spare?). I definitely can't step on this one.

Surprisingly the stock shaft in the hybrid is very good, and its regular flex, the same that's in the 5w. It's so good that I don't NEED to change it.........Great mid to high flight with good distance and dispersion.

Another surprise are the Bassara iron shafts. These also defy convention as they're only 74g shafts but again they hold up to whatever swing I put on them. One of THE best shafts I've gamed. Up there with Quadra and Roddio.

Edited by Ian-500

Nice ....

All you need know is some Bridge playing gear

I know just the guy....

• 1 year later...

• 4 weeks later...

The covers are the best ones I've tried so far (Swiiish).

The Grindworks are good but they are too low spin and a little clicky. I need a softer feeling head. They are point and shooter easy. Good distance and dispersion with the Crazy shafts.

1 hour ago, bngolfer said:

Lovely!

Thanks B.