2015 ONOFF Forged KURO Irons

TourSpecGolfer

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's resurrect this thread and get some real time updates. I'd love to hear specifically on different shaft options and how these clubs are responding after a few months of gaming.

Lt's hear your thoughts!

The weather still sucks in the Mid - Atlantic region of the East cost so I'll do a review when I get a chance to actually play mine. I custom ordered from Chris at TSG with Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff 1/4 over standard.

Chipping in the family room has left a great 1st impression and they look fantastic :)

OnOff%20Kuro_zpsiosbyjmi.jpg

onoff%20iron2_zpshno081on.jpg

onoff%20bag_zpsozgmseij.jpg

Edited by Tzoid08

Been playing on Maui this week, last round today at the plantation course. The Kuros have been awesome with C Tapers, I did balloon a couple into a strong wind at the King course. Couldn't be happier with these.

You lucky dog! We did the Maui trip a couple years ago, and I definitely have good memories of the Plantation Course. Did you guys eat dinner at their restaurant by chance? It was really really good. A trip to remember by any measurement!

I recently shafted my set of Kuro's w/ Nippon SPO and have been trying to decide whether these should stay or go. At first, I didn't get on with them (first short range session) and I thought it must be me since they have gotten such rave reviews, so I took them out for 9 holes. Similar result of just being underwhelmed by them. They are what everyone says: easy to hit, forgiving on mis**ts, long and nice semi-player shape, but for some reason, they just weren't wowing me, and I was seeing some serious bench time for them or perhaps even hitting the eject button....

Well, today was a totally different story, as I took them out to the range and really spent some time getting used to them. The short irons are pretty good, but again, nothing that made really go wow, but then I decided to spend some time with the long irons. As Chris alluded to before, this is where these really shine, IMO. There's just something about looking down at them that gives you a nice clear head to execute a confident swing and man, they are sooo easy to hit and get the perfect boring trajectory. I was hitting long straight shots wherever I aimed, so that is great for me, since long irons tend to be a weak spot in my game.

With these, it seems like it'll be point and shoot on the course, so I'm having a change of heart to give these another chance to wow me in a real game.

Edited by needmoregolf

What Shaft did you use for your Kuro? 3 to 5 on What swing weight. Thanks Needmoregolf.

I built them with Nippon Super Peening Orange in stiff. swing weight is D1, which is lighter than what I'm used to. if I keep these, need to likely get the swing weight up a bit.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How did these feel with the Recoils?

• 6 months later...

those of you that play the Kuro's, did you leave the lofts as per factory or have them adjusted to more traditional settings and how did they go if you changed to those traditional settings?? thanks Al

Thanks for the reply Chris

Pick my "new" set up Tuesday, 4-W gone with a 46* wedge loft setup, D3 swing weight with Modus3 105X. It will be interesting to see how the shafts go, I will post up a report next weekend after a few sessions with them. I currently have Modus 120X soft stepped twice into my yammies and love everything about them, hope the 105's live up to the hype.

Edited by oldracer

Nice mate, keen to see what you think of the shafts once you have soft stepped them twice...

not soft stepping the 105's, but did the 120's so will be Interesting

• 1 month later...

I've had these for almost a year. Now I'm playing them in Nippon Modus 3 125 stiff and they are just sublime in distance, forgiveness and feel.