Titleist Limited 100MB - Very Rare - Only 1 Set@TSG

TourSpecGolfer

I think we can officially call this one RARE! TSG has 1 set only. It's 3k!

Very different than any Titleist Iron out there, made in Japan of S25C.

post-18-0-94282200-1410907767_thumb.jpg

Sold! but they sure are sweet, I wanted someone stateside to order it so I could take pics, it's headed to the middle east.

Chris,

Any info on these bad boys? Are these endo forged?

Not made by Endo but made in Japan S25C.

The shape is extremely different than anything I've seen from Titleist. I don't have these in hand and there is no info from the Titleist Japan Reps, had to fight for this set.

Here's the skinny on these, and yes we are working hard at getting another set 50/50 looks to be.

The Titleist Limited 100MB is made in Japan only 100 pieces to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Titleist.

Obviously a muscle back it's been given sharper more sleek edges and angles which some brands now claim to increase the players ability to focus at address of the ball.

It's got slightly heavier heads than usual but the most interesting thing is that inner tungsten weights have been added in the 3 thru 9 irons for a lower center of gravity, increased inertia and better performance for off center hits, yes a Titleist iron with inner tungsten weights :)

Titleist has also focused on feel decreasing the vibrations felt through impact in what they call a "cupping effect" when hitting center, the standard shaft is the Tour Issue S200.

Is this a true limited edition or does it follow your previously stated formula, that is, 100 for Japan, 100 more for overseas

and a few more just in case? I think this is known as the Epon hypothesis.

Edited by ukok

Is this a true limited edition or does it follow your previously stated formula, that is, 100 for Japan, 100 more for overseas

and a few more just in case? I think this is known as the Epon hypothesis.

I've never seen or heard of Titleist doing that sort of thing, I highly doubt it, I'm pretty certain it's a no.

As for Epon it's not a hypothesis if we have all seen evidence of it.

3K set with S200s? For that they should use better shafts.

3K set with S200s? For that they should use better shafts.

They are "Tour Issue" S200's which cost a lot more than the normal S200.

Also. many blade players (pro players, low hcp) think the S200/S300 and so on are the best shafts in the world. And yes, the Tour Issues are a lot more expensive. These are the industry standard on every Men's tour so is a logical choice for these clubs I guess.

"Tour Issue" Dynamic Gold shafts (silk screened) are NOT much more $ then the standard Dynamic Gold (shaft band) shafts.

That has been discussed over and over and over over on Golfwrx a major USDM forum.

"Tour Issue" Dynamic Gold shafts (silk screened) are NOT much more $ then the standard Dynamic Gold (shaft band) shafts.

That has been discussed over and over and over over on Golfwrx a major USDM forum.

The Tour issue DG shafts typically costs 34-40 USD per shaft, the standard DG shafts 12-20 USD. Twice or thrice as expensive is not much all of a sudden?

yup and OEMs give the standard S200 included no charge while the "tour issues" run about $30 extra per club which is an extra $240 per full iron set.

ah yes and WRX was originally an offshoot of TSG, anyone remember that far back/story?

btw guys, my correction these are made at Endo of S25C, why not S20C? I can't say for sure but lot's going on there from big lay off's to losing many of their biggest clients, still my favorite factory but things are changing.

It used to be brands would only get the best pricing if they produced multiple models (driver, irons, wedges) then as lower priced competition increased the OEMs began manufacturing elsewhere and the most obvious change for 2015 is the use of S25C. The real question is why? Does S20C cost more? Are brands all requesting S25C at the same time? I don't know for sure but looking at the 2015 Endo is producing mostly S25C for their biggest clients.

Another interesting part of this is now brands are moving away from KS100 which has been the bread and butter of their metal woods division for years yet has not been the material of choice for OEMs over the last few, I know those who produce DAT55 and other materials now send it to Endo for the completion of customers drivers .

So this is a new more flexible version of Endo and things from what I hear will continue to change. Probably the biggest change "for some" will come at the start of 2015.

yup and OEMs give the standard S200 included no charge while the "tour issues" run about $30 extra per club which is an extra $240 per full iron set.

ah yes and WRX was originally an offshoot of TSG, anyone remember that far back/story?

haha...i rmbr the story of BSG and WRX........my recollection is that Todd was full of himself and JC didn't want to be a part of BSG anymore....TSG was always well respected and i didn't realize there was a JDM reason for WRX ??

haha...i rmbr the story of BSG and WRX........my recollection is that Todd was full of himself and JC didn't want to be a part of BSG anymore....TSG was always well respected and i didn't realize there was a JDM reason for WRX ??

ok, someone drop the entire back story please, this is becoming an interesting tangent.

I will share my perspective the most neutral I can.

So 2001 I join BSG, MR-23's selling like hot cakes at 1500 used, they are supposed to be only for tour players in Japan and extremely rare.

At the time I'm teaching english in Japan and working at a golf course in Atsugi Japan ( starter, proshop, club making ) 13 years ago I'm still in my 20's. (36 now)

I know that these irons are not that rare nor are they that expensive so I make deals with every shop I can find to acquire as much as possible and list them on ebay, the BSG'ers catch wind and start buying them up, used that money to Start TSG V.1... wish I had pics.

Anyway I don't know what went on with Todd and I have no clue who JC is but I started a forum and portal home page not in spite of anyone else, with the help of BSG'ers and their feelings about todd most of them Jump ship to TSG. TSG was huge, mind you there was no WRX back then so everyone was moved to TSG. But I'm in Japan, I don't believe in Tour Issue, I'm hyper focused on quality in everything not just golf, in my mind and still to this day it's always easier to sell the best and no brand is good enough, TSG isn't even up to my standard. Kaizen right?

I forget the names of the guys who were a big help in getting everyone over here, I do know Joe Kwok and Richard and Ryan before WRX and many others helped a lot and some of you guys as well, but to many of the BSG'ers TSG was supposed to be the new home for Tour Issue and USDM.

At the time there was only one other JDM dealer on Ebay, who remembers Seaport10? Awesome guy older gent, we met up a few times I hope is is healthy and doing well.

Anyway so I was always and only about the JDM, the core group of BSG'ers who moved over were not as much. So they needed a home which created the demand for a USDM/Tour site, I had a fall out with Joe because he wanted to exclusively handle all shaft sales and installations at TSG. I apologize to him, It just didn't make sense from a business perspective to do that because we had the access, margins, club makers on this side of the pond. So they got together to start WRX :) out of what TSG wasn't, a USDM/Tour site.

It didn't go from BSG to TSG because I didn't really care what BSG did, I was going to do my thing no matter what. But it did go from TSG to WRX imo because I didn't build the platform that everyone wanted when coming over.

In hindsight maybe I should of, but it would have driven me crazy to have to deal with the masses, still to this day I can't handle it and prefer to keep TSG tight, not accept any advertising, sponsorships, etc.. I like being around smart successful people like you guys.

The first wave of people to visit WRX was a result of a partnership we had and an email TSG had sent out to 10,000 members to check out the brand new website GolfWRX, this was when their membership was less than 25 people.

I caused many of controversy over the years, still stand by all of it. have apologized to each of them not because I was wrong but because of the way I behaved, again young and dumb with some success it's wasn't easy keeping the ego in check, not sure if anyone relates. When you put yourself out there things are bound to happen good and bad.

So yea, I love the story, and that's not even the "story of TSG" it's just the story of how we were created and how the void at TSG was a motivating factor in creating WRX. If I followed what others wanted TSG would be 90% USDM today and 10% JDM, I'm happy and proud it's the other way around and thank you guys for sticking with us.

Others may have a different perspective on it, this is my story standing in my shoes.

post-18-0-82380000-1411314693_thumb.jpg

Yeah, interesting story indeed.

And really cool bag there! I'd game it