Titleist Limited 100MB - Very Rare - Only 1 Set@TSG

TourSpecGolfer

Thanks for the back story Chris. :atsg_logo_anim:

Speaking of seaport10, I bought my set of MR-23's from him on eBay back in 2003 for $1,500.00 USD. So paid full price for this set back in the day but gamed them for several years until I sold them - again on eBay.

My MR-23 set was my first entry point into JDM and then I found TSG in 2004 and it's been all JDM since - especially TourStage and TaylorMade Japan. :atsg_smilie_tm:

Edited by TMMike

i rmbr back then trying to corner the market on MR23s....i had 57 sets at one point before realizing there were wayyy too many sets to gobble up......

Chris, not to take this thread to a different direction, but can you explain the difference btw S25C vs. S20C? I originally thought S25C was more exclusive / better material (5>0...), which does not seem like the case per your post above? I've been curious about this material thing for a while now.. Appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

57 sets! Anyway, did you manage to sell them all at a profit?

Hey Mike! Member since 2004! You get the 10 year badge!

:tsg_smiley_factory: Thanks Chris! I will wear my badge with honor! :tsg_smiley_factory:

57 sets! Anyway, did you manage to sell them all at a profit?

i sold the nicer sets 9+/10 for a small profit and the ones that were 8.5 sold for considerably less.......in the end i took a bit of a loss but ended up with 5 nice sets of MR23s....i still have 2 !!!!

Thanks for the refresher. At first the wrx/TSG connection didn't ring any bells. I recalled some of the urban myth and the history of bsg, but forgot about the email/pm to check out wrx.

I was invited to check out wrx, and can't believe its been that long that I am member 73 there.

Nice to hear the history lesson. Maybe it will bring some of the old crew from back in the day out of the wood work. I always wondered how DemolitionMan, Speeder617, alohapineapple, goth145...were doing.

Edited by bruinduke

Wow DemolitionMan and Speeder617!

Haven't heard those names in a while.

I live not so far from where Marcus used to live, we met up for lunch a few times not so long ago, good guy.

I've seen demolition man earlier this year...haha or was it last year, time sure flies......

* Does anybody remember Siteseer ?

Edited by robbie

Saw these in person today, beautiful looking. Yes, a unique design

• 2 weeks later...

All they do is sort em....they don't make special shafts....they just pick the ones already made and " FINE TUNE" the sorting to get tour issue......which nippon does as their std retail sets.......so something they should already be doing they offer it at an upcharge....pretty amazing!.....Kbs is no better, wonder if they will start offering a "tour issue" which will pretty much confess how sloppy their std specs are?....hmmm

• 11 months later...

Has anyone gamed these irons? I have a chance to purchase a set but would like to hear thoughts from someone that has some experience with them.

Thanks!

I will share my perspective the most neutral I can.

So 2001 I join BSG, MR-23's selling like hot cakes at 1500 used, they are supposed to be only for tour players in Japan and extremely rare.

At the time I'm teaching english in Japan and working at a golf course in Atsugi Japan ( starter, proshop, club making ) 13 years ago I'm still in my 20's. (36 now)

I know that these irons are not that rare nor are they that expensive so I make deals with every shop I can find to acquire as much as possible and list them on ebay, the BSG'ers catch wind and start buying them up, used that money to Start TSG V.1... wish I had pics.

Anyway I don't know what went on with Todd and I have no clue who JC is but I started a forum and portal home page not in spite of anyone else, with the help of BSG'ers and their feelings about todd most of them Jump ship to TSG. TSG was huge, mind you there was no WRX back then so everyone was moved to TSG. But I'm in Japan, I don't believe in Tour Issue, I'm hyper focused on quality in everything not just golf, in my mind and still to this day it's always easier to sell the best and no brand is good enough, TSG isn't even up to my standard. Kaizen right?

I forget the names of the guys who were a big help in getting everyone over here, I do know Joe Kwok and Richard and Ryan before WRX and many others helped a lot and some of you guys as well, but to many of the BSG'ers TSG was supposed to be the new home for Tour Issue and USDM.

At the time there was only one other JDM dealer on Ebay, who remembers Seaport10? Awesome guy older gent, we met up a few times I hope is is healthy and doing well.

Anyway so I was always and only about the JDM, the core group of BSG'ers who moved over were not as much. So they needed a home which created the demand for a USDM/Tour site, I had a fall out with Joe because he wanted to exclusively handle all shaft sales and installations at TSG. I apologize to him, It just didn't make sense from a business perspective to do that because we had the access, margins, club makers on this side of the pond. So they got together to start WRX :) out of what TSG wasn't, a USDM/Tour site.

It didn't go from BSG to TSG because I didn't really care what BSG did, I was going to do my thing no matter what. But it did go from TSG to WRX imo because I didn't build the platform that everyone wanted when coming over.

In hindsight maybe I should of, but it would have driven me crazy to have to deal with the masses, still to this day I can't handle it and prefer to keep TSG tight, not accept any advertising, sponsorships, etc.. I like being around smart successful people like you guys.

The first wave of people to visit WRX was a result of a partnership we had and an email TSG had sent out to 10,000 members to check out the brand new website GolfWRX, this was when their membership was less than 25 people.

I caused many of controversy over the years, still stand by all of it. have apologized to each of them not because I was wrong but because of the way I behaved, again young and dumb with some success it's wasn't easy keeping the ego in check, not sure if anyone relates. When you put yourself out there things are bound to happen good and bad.

So yea, I love the story, and that's not even the "story of TSG" it's just the story of how we were created and how the void at TSG was a motivating factor in creating WRX. If I followed what others wanted TSG would be 90% USDM today and 10% JDM, I'm happy and proud it's the other way around and thank you guys for sticking with us.

Others may have a different perspective on it, this is my story standing in my shoes.

attachicon.gif105-0551_IMG.JPG

Great story Chris. I wish I remembered how I got here, I think I got here from buying from you on Ebay over 10 years ago.

I remember Seaport10, I bought my first JDM stuff from him, awesome guy. I do hope he is doing well.

Man time flies.

• 1 month later...

Last try.. Anyone tried these?? I'm really thinking of picking up a set but would like to hear someone's experience with them..

• 1 year later...