Our First Child is coming, been trying for nearly 10 years with a couple of failed attempts along the way but finally it's happening and the day has come.

Tomorrow AM is the big day, not sure what to expect but we will see!

Wanted to ask the fathers here what the biggest change was when they had their first child and what I might expect.

Chris

First of all congratulations. This is a great moment in a mans life. Only advise is slow down and enjoy every minute of your little ones life. Life only gets better with kids.

Congratulations Chris to you and mum....As Ash says it is a life changer.

You and your wifey are about to find out what true and unconditional love is bro....best feeling you will ever experience

Happy days :)

Congratulations! Your life will certainly change for the better. don't get too caught up in the stressful issues of parenthood, without taking time to enjoy it. It is a lot of work, much of which is unappreciated, but still very special. Each stage of parenthood is great, and the problems you deal with change along the way. I now have a 15, 13, and 11 year old. Looking back at their pictures as little kids always brings a huge smile to my face. Good luck tomorrow.

well done indeed sir..., .

the day they come back to the house is the biggest best day of ur life. ahhh youll never forget that

uttlery fabulous . your totally clueless as to what to do, hahhaahha ah yea i reemeber that well.

just remember tho...,

insomnia is hereditary....... its caused by kids.

i expect to see a range of TSG junior forged soon enough.

al lthe best to the fam.

Congrats Chris....enjoy every minute of every day because they grow up fast ! :tsg_smiley_heart:

Thanks so much everyone! so today I'm sitting out back having a beer just reflecting on how life may change, I live on the golf course and it suddenly just looked so much better than it ever did before, I want to play more than I ever have.

My wife was always my main playing partner, gone are the days of just the two of us playing 36 with a 12 pack of beers in the cooler, she's a good player I don't think it will ever be the same for at least until the young one decides to pick up the game.

We're ready! Signing off for the evening, next time I post I'll be a father. :tsg_smiley_baby:

Congrats C. & Tourspecgirl! You are a great, lovely, whole model couple and it was a matter of time for you to receive this blessing... I am not there (yet!) but I sincerely wish you two all the best

There TSG family here already welcomes the TourspecBaby :tsg_smiley_baby:

Cheers and keep us postd

Awesome Chris, I just remember the first two weeks being absolute hell but in a fantastically good way. Thing is, all the books and all the prep really can't prep you enough. We've got three, 17, 15, and 12. But it seems like it was only yesterday they had just arrived. Just enjoy the ride and I mean REALLY, enjoy each and every thing, even the setbacks or times when it seems tough.

As for golf, Chris you know my boy just got a set of the LH Miura's and he loves them. On the golf team at HS. He also plays travel hockey but golf was one thing I never pushed him in only put a club in his hand from his very early days and let him do what he wanted. He's played a lot of places but golf is the one thing now that we'll always share.

Last bit of advice, as parents I think we tend to overdue everything with the first. Even with our fears. Just relax, or at least try to relax. Most things work out but I just remember overthinking everything with the first one. By the time the third came around, no worries.

Have fun you two!! You and Jacque will be great parents.

B

As a new father at 27 and a new father at 54, I can suggest to you first-hand to slow down and take it all in and enjoy it. When I was 27, I was so focused on the world out there and everything in it that I did not stop and smell the coffee as it were. Now, things have slowed down and I can relax a little bit (a lot!) more and enjoy and appreciate the little things. I missed out on some things when I was younger, won't make the same mistake now.

Congrats and good luck!

Edited by Miuramaniac

Congrats Chris and Jacqui! I too took a long time trying 8 years! It will add 4 shots to your handicap index that you won't even care about! My avatar is 2 years old......and 8 years into being a DAD. GOES REALLY FAST!

It will be great. I had a handmade TP MIlls custom made and engraved to mark the occasion which my daughter will be able to use shortly! Maybe Gold's?

Best wishes for the next chapter !!

My congrats to you, too, Chris! Best of luck to all ! (Do we know boy or girl yet? Or just that we have another golfer?)

Congrats Chris and J, all the best.

congrats Chris! it's the best thing that will ever happen to you and yes, your life will change, but for the better!!

for these first few weeks/months, just concentrate on enjoying every moment, which seems easy enough in theory, but in practice, no so much as you'll likely be very very tired. this brings me to my 2nd point, rest as much as humanly possible so that you have the energy, clarity and presence of mind to enjoy this magical time and be able to help your wife recuperate as well.

I'm not too far removed from this time you're in (2yr old and 3 yr old), and everything the guys have said here is very true. what I find now is that I have to dig down deep and find an inner patience that I didn't think I had before. maybe that's why I turn to golf for that much needed zen!! ;)

congrats again and good luck buddy!!

Edited by needmoregolf

Congratulations Chris! Happy for you. Like others said, life moves a mile a minute. Take time to step back and enjoy the small moments with them. They are only this young once, as Hutchy says, soak it all in! Congratulations, cheers to a healthy baby and mom.

Thanks everyone!

Yesterday was a wild ride, Baby girl born at 8:03am! Everything went well 6lbs 15oz 19" long.

She did not sleep at all just cried and cried, we didn't either! Today she is a lot less fussy.

Getting to know her, have a feeling she's soon to be my biggest source of motivation.

D, In only my 24 hours as a dad I think you summed up last nights experience:

"what I find now is that I have to dig down deep and find an inner patience that I didn't think I had before."

That is what I'm going through now :) thanks everyone!

post-18-0-52740600-1412100404_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-34362900-1412100429_thumb.jpg

Baby Amalin aka TourSpecBaby!

Beautiful ! Congrats and all best to you, J, and TourSpecbaby!!

Congratulations Chris !

She is so kawaii !

Maybe too soon to tell.... but perhaps we are looking at a future LPGA Super Star ! ... or 2030 Evian Masters Champion !

Chris

Beautiful baby girl. You are truly blessed. Congratulations and enjoy your new journey

She's beautiful, Chris, you guys are truly blessed!

It's a magical time right now for you, and I'm sure the other dad's who have girls (esp those that have first born daughters) can agree, there is something truly special about that father - daughter bond, and it starts in those early moments in the hospital as you stare at her darling face. It's funny, as men, we spend our whole lives trying to understand the opposite gender, and then by some stroke of pure miracle, we end up having our own and have to somehow try to figure out how to raise and nurture them. Albeit it's intimidating at first, but you get over that deer in headlights moment pretty quick, just about that first time you hold her in your arms.

You're right, she's going to be your greatest motivator, and for all the wonderful things that you do to create a great life for her, she will reward you with the love, care and nurture that a good daughter knows so well instinctually. Much like myself, you will likely be a sucker for your daughter more often than not, but that's OK, as she will most certainly be "Daddy's girl" and there is no greater feeling in the world! ;)

Enjoy all the great moments to come, buddy!!

Edited by needmoregolf