the Best Irons I've ever Gamed Period...2014 Titleist VG3

mightyva

excellent review, good that I have kept my set of type r. anyone can compare it with the onoff kuro?

• 2 months later...

May I ask, in terms of forgiveness, how is the 2014 VG3 compared to the 714 AP2? Am currently considering these 2 sets of irons. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

My handicap is currently at 20. And am looking for a forgiving Titleist irons.

My personal opinion is that the VG3 is forgiving like the AP1 but it is forged. I didn't find the AP2 to be all that forgiving. I like the new T-MB better than all of them but I would go with the VG3 for ease of use. Just my two cents

VG3's will definitely be more forgiving than the 2014 AP2. I am an 8.7 index and went from 2010 AP2 to 2010 VG3's in 2010, upgraded to the 2014 VG3 (sold the 2010) and have since added the 716 MB to to foray.

Playing the MB's 6-PW with 4 Iron and 5iron VG3's . The MB's are very easy to hit.

Over a long period of time it has to be the 301 for me.

Only titleis I have gamed are the 591 forged or the DCI tour blade, they both special irons although bit older.

Like the look of the new MBs

Edited by hutchy

Thanks for all your feedback. So are you guys telling me to go for the new 716 T-MB instead of VG3 or AP2?

Is it forgiving enough? I have hit some my friend's AP2 and it seems forgiving enough for me and am able to game it. However, I came here and started getting confuse about VG3. I definitely do not need AP1.

I'm a 7 handicap and I've had every US and Japanese Titleist iron. I find the TMB to be more forgiving than the AP2. If you're a 20 and you don't need forgiveness, I'm confused. You could definitely try the TMB but I would say try the VG3 first and if they are too easy to hit then get the TMB. I've never found anything that is "too easy" to hit tho.

I'm a 7 handicap and I've had every US and Japanese Titleist iron. I find the TMB to be more forgiving than the AP2. If you're a 20 and you don't need forgiveness, I'm confused. You could definitely try the TMB but I would say try the VG3 first and if they are too easy to hit then get the TMB. I've never found anything that is "too easy" to hit tho.

Hi, what I mean is I do need forgiveness. But I have tried my friend's AP2 and I can still make good contact with it.

Thus,now am considering between Titleist AP2, VG3 or the TMB.

But the TMB are blades are more forgiving than AP2?

I think the 716 MB's are more forgiving than the AP2. Not as forgiving as the VG3. Which is why I am playing the combo I referenced before. 6 or 7 iron MB and 5 and 4 iron in VG3 max for a 20.

If I were a 20 I would go full VG3. Best combo of forgiveness and looks in my opinion. I think 15 HCP and below for 716MB.

As I said I am an 8.7 and avg. putter at BEST. Need the approach forgiveness. My humble opinion and I never spend someone else's money is VG3 would be a better match for improvement on iron play.

• 1 month later...