Quick help on fairway shaft!

needmoregolf

Hey guys, need some quick help on a good fairway shaft for my Ryoma f3.

I've got a Diamana W series in it right now (70s) and I'm not getting a great launch from it, esp off the deck (it's low and doesn't feel great, which i think is due to a stiffer tip, which isn't ideal in a 3 wood). Was thinking of maybe putting a Whiteboard in it as there is an opportunity to get one (83g s-flex) at the right length for a good price, but not sure that will solve my problem. Should I really just look for a Blueboard? Any other Diamana recommendations for a 3 wood shaft?

If there's nothing that suits, perhaps I just need to get a FW80 or something similar, but just wanted to get some feedback from you guys. Thanks!

Edited by needmoregolf

The F3 isn't the easiest to get off the ground as is, slightly lighter and slightly softer in the tip with a higher launch profile is suggested for this problem.

any good recommendations, Chris?

while I do like the forgiveness, it might be a deal breaker for me to not be able to get good deck action. Is the TS358 a much better 3 wood for hitting off the deck?

Edited by needmoregolf

Imo Modart is the best off the deck, second place the 306VTi by Royal Collection and tied for 3rd the TS358 and PRGR new RS FW.

Modart + FW80 in SR has had me since its release.

Never tried a W series, but I've gamed a Kai'li 70x in a 3w, and a whiteboard 73x and 83x in a 5w and 7w Yamahas. Had no problem with launch with either shaft. I now have a Kuro Kage Proto 70s in a RC 4w. Absolutely awesome shaft and recommend you try one out asap.

i can't speak about the modart as i have not tried it ( i want one though)

but if you want to make the most out of the head maybe try a diamana B series for that

added launch.

diamana B......

***fire express ORIGINAL***

def NOT the crazy FW its low.

stay away from the diamana white .. stick to the blue .

ali islei is superb.

graph design.......... hmmm cant htink of a higher laucnhing one ?????

the md series is pretty good so is the pt.

esp for fairways

if uwant a mack daddy heavy high adn UBER shaft

go the graph desgin p9003x

get one NON tipped!!!!!!

and ull never long for a shaft ever again..!!!

diamana B......

***fire express ORIGINAL***

def NOT the crazy FW its low.

stay away from the diamana white .. stick to the blue .

ali islei is superb.

graph design.......... hmmm cant htink of a higher laucnhing one ?????

the md series is pretty good so is the pt.

esp for fairways

if uwant a mack daddy heavy high adn UBER shaft

go the graph desgin p9003x

get one NON tipped!!!!!!

and ull never long for a shaft ever again..!!!

In the GD range my favourite is the DJ for fw. very easy to launch and mid spin

have never found one better.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. Threw a WTB out there for the B series, and keeping my eye out for other options.

Hit the f3 w/ the W again yesterday at the range and wasn't as bad now that my swing is grooving a bit better, but def am open to more experiments.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. Threw a WTB out there for the B series, and keeping my eye out for other options.

Hit the f3 w/ the W again yesterday at the range and wasn't as bad now that my swing is grooving a bit better, but def am open to more experiments.

the story of our Hoing!

Almost picked up a F3 yesterday, but was also eyeing the F2, couldn't decide. I was POSITIVE the F3 was a low profile skyball kinda head, just by looking at it. The ones I was looking at had aftermarket shafts such in the 70-80 gr range, all the way up to X-stiff. Also one with the GD Z9003 something shaft. And now I hear the F3 is a low launching head?

Edited by Vegaman

Almost picked up a F3 yesterday, but was also eyeing the F2, couldn't decide. I was POSITIVE the F3 was a low profile skyball kinda head, just by looking at it. The ones I was looking at had aftermarket shafts such in the 70-80 gr range, all the way up to X-stiff. Also one with the GD Z9003 something shaft. And now I hear the F3 is a low launching head?

i found mine to be high launching. i had a tour ad DJ7 in it. lovely combo but found head to be bulky looking.

sold it with many a skymark!

no way is it low.., it high high high.

searing bomber from the fairway.

that one with a z9003 wud be an incredible wood wud bring the flight down massively.

iused craigs with a crazy fw, that was a heck of a club but i think it was an f2.

really long.

f3 i m gettign another one for winter

Vega, no, certainly not a low launching head, quite the opposite in fact. My issues were indian, not arrow, but I've since grooved my swing a bit. My history w/ 3 woods are rather polarizing...it's either perfect crushes or the worst flubbery you've ever seen, so I try not to tinker too much w/ this particular club, and look for something that is forgiving and easy to hit.

The f3 is forgiving but the W is not ideal for a fairway wood is what I've discovered, but now that my swing is grooved for this club again, the results aren't bad. I still think I can get a shaft that works better, and even a head that suits me more. C is right, its a little bulky and the low profile face can lead to some dummy marks or chipped toplines if you're not the purest of strikers.

That being said, it's straight and long when you get a good strike. It sits rather flat though, so if you're looking for a leading edge that digs in a littler more w/ better turf interaction, this is not your club, me thinks.

Edited by needmoregolf

Vega, no, certainly not a low launching head, quite the opposite in fact. My issues were indian, not arrow, but I've since grooved my swing a bit. My history w/ 3 woods are rather polarizing...it's either perfect crushes or the worst flubbery you've ever seen, so I try not to tinker too much w/ this particular club, and look for something that is forgiving and easy to hit.

The f3 is forgiving but the W is not ideal for a fairway wood is what I've discovered, but now that my swing is grooved for this club again, the results aren't bad. I still think I can get a shaft that works better, and even a head that suits me more. C is right, its a little bulky and the low profile face can lead to some dummy marks or chipped toplines if you're not the purest of strikers.

That being said, it's straight and long when you get a good strike. It sits rather flat though, so if you're looking for a leading edge that digs in a littler more w/ better turf interaction, this is not your club, me thinks.

Aha, good info thanks.