Miura MB-001 and Miura Giken

JS Golf

Anyone have some real world review from average golfer on 2 irons listed above? Feel, forgiveness, head size and other specs?

Also if anyone have some comparison between the two irons?

I read couple of professional reviews but didn't see any review from average golfers and No comparison between to two irons.

Thanks in advance.

I am an average golfer and after many frustrating years of misplaced swing approaches, finally trending down in my scoring thanks to a great local practice program and an instructor that helped me understand the swing.

I am currently playing the mb001. My previous experience with blades include the fh1000, AF tours, personals, and the MR23. I most recently played mp64 before moving to the mb001s. I was worried when I first got the miuras because they are compact, thin top lined, and just the right amount of offset to my eye. I think the fourteens edge out the mb001 on softness and maybe forgiveness, but the miuras are upper consistent. I am really amazed by the dispersion on them. Also unlike the fourteens, I think they are able to change trajectory height easier. Before I continue to babble I do find the miuras hit higher on my stock shot, but that might be a little steepness on my swing or the kbs v tour 125s in them.

All in all a great set of irons, especially of you like a minimalist, clean look in your irons. To be honest I am a bit curious by the baby blades, but think these irons will carry me through another season of play.

Bruinduke,

Thanks for your input. Really appreciate it.

I have few more question. Since you played both FH 1000 and MB-001,

How are the head size when compared? Also the thickness of the sole and the top line between the 2 irons?

If FH1000 feels softer and more forgiving, what is the Great Miura feel that everyone is talking about in the review? It seems like MB-001 has the edge on control, consistancy and great dispersion. How is the forgiveness on MB-001 on mis hit? I know blade irons and forgiveness don't go together but with fh1000 even with mis hit they are quite forgiving and you are not penalized as much as other blades. What about MB-001?

Thanks again.

Edited by JS Golf

Going by memory I think the mb001 have a thinner top line and more compact. I appreciated tho the topline on the fh1000. Gave some confidence especially when looking down at the long irons.

As feel is subjective don't mistake the firmer feel of miura as being overhyped. I had different shafts and grips in each. I described the softness of the fh1000 only because I get a better sense of compression with them. The miuras IMO have a denseness to them. To me I feel more connected to that feel for whatever reason.

My comment re forgiveness should slso be taken with a grain of salt. My swing is much more consistent finding the center of the face with the miuras. That's a swing improvement issue and not a club design. I also only moved away from the fourteens because of a lack of practice and playing only once a month in the early morning.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a pm.

I've been playing the MB001 for a few weeks now. They have put everything else in the closet. Pretty forgiving for a blade and as noted above very tight dispersion..

Finally, I found a Miura iron I really feel comfortable with, and that is the MB 5005. I have tried just about every Miura offering and up until now, the CB 201's were my favorites from Miura. But now, along comes the MB 5005 and I am thrilled with them. They look wonderful and the small cavity in the back gives me a little more confidence. Very little offset is what I like and the wider sole is probably the number one improvement they made in this new club. Wider sole, small cavity back, and you have an iron that give you great feel and tons of confidence to make each shot. And of course, no irons have ever been better than Miura when it comes to that forged softness and control.

This new Miura Giken MB 5005's have everything you would want in an iron, slap in some N.S. Pro 950 stiff shafts, and you are ready to rock and roll. Ha, do you get the idea that I really like these irons?

No more looking, I have finally found the Miuras for me!

Doc, do you find yourself wishing you had blades on the shorter irons? Eg, 5003?

Edited by chuck4golf

Nope, the MB 5005 are just fine for the shorter irons. A better way to go on combo might be CB 501 4-6 with MB 5005 7-pw.

MB 5005 might be a little easier to hit than the other Miura blades but still a blade and great for shorter irons.

Doc, someone mentioned that MB 5005 does not feel same and other Miura. Not sure what he means by that since I never tries Miura's. You have any idea what he was talking about?

Yes due to the cavity it doesn't feel as pure as other Miura blades but with the copper underlayer option it's a different kinda awesome.

Thanks for the input. Seems like not too many people are play these JDM irons

They are pretty new, so expect them to be popular on TSG a year or two before the masses catch wind :)