GLORIOUS!

TourSpecGolfer

Jbeam-Glorious-Driver.jpg

Many TSG customers have been ordering the J-Beam 535 Driver lately and it made me wonder why the J-Beam Glorious which is more popular than the 535 (In Japan) has not been as in demand here as the 535 while it's every bit as good but even easier to hit. I've hit it and loved it, It's actually a little longer than the 535 for my 100-102ish swing speed. It's definitely more user friendly with a slightly higher launch angle as well.
This could be the driver that can appeal to the widest array of players ever and it's due to J-Beam's extensive list of custom hand picked specs and adjustments.
XF5A9427-Edit.jpg
The Glorious Driver is offered in a wide range of specs for example Loft 9.5* all the way to 14* and you can also get it down to the .25 increments for example a client a couple days ago wanted an 11.25* loft with a 0.75* open face angle... What other maker does that? To top that off he requested a 208 gram head weight for an extra short 44" length. J-Beam says not a problem.
This customer coupled it together with a Crazy Black Tour La Bomba 7.5 (SX) flex creating a driver build that stays low due to shaft but launches higher in head due to loft, what he called his own special version of Loft up. It can go the other way as well 9.75* head with a high launching shaft for Loft Down :)
XF5A9462.jpg
So you see what I'm getting at? The options are endless when you combine the mind boggling list of combinations that can be achieved, what else? Need to crank that face open 1.5*? Need a flatter lie angle, heavy head, or weight kit and wrench? All doable now with JBEAM.
Ok so all that's great but how does it perform? Well of course specs, shaft and all that aside it feels intensely good, loud soft sound with a spongy metallic face at impact, you can tell the face is thin as the ball pops off the face powerfully, it's face is deep yet has some real estate on the heel and toe end. Simply Quality Goodness.
XF5A9447.jpg

Look above, so everyone's doing it now days that indent that is supposed to create more distance, I can't say for sure if it does but Jbeam has implemented some version of it into both the Glorious and the 535, actually on the 535 it's pretty huge, on the Glorious its more narrow.

When looking down at address it's curvy and it's ass extends further back than the 535's does which is by design as the Glorious is supposed to be the more forgiving higher MOI, higher launching model but all that can be negated by choosing custom specs, place your heavier weights up front and you now produce mid trajectory bullets. In the pic down low it's a custom ordered head 11* 199g square as can be.
XF5A9469.jpg
More good news is it's available head only, actually most people are buying it this way but Jbeam also has an interesting shaft option and it costs a pretty penny 450.00 more to be exact! Ok so long time JDM enthusiasts understand that Japan Domestic Market golf clubs (JDM Gear) always have better shafts than their U.S counterpart even if it's an identical club, Stock shafts are one of the main reasons for the big difference in price between USDM and JDM. This one is a bit extreme, hand rolled in Japan and designed for the Glorious and tailored to provide distance first then stability.
Screen-Shot-2014-10-17-at-1.48.36-PM.png
Ok so there you have it, the intro to the Jbeam Glorious, It's not hard at all to give this one a thumbs up and go on the record highly reccomending this for a wide range of player.
XF5A9444-Edit.jpg

We have clients that should have gone TRPX S-03 over the D, Should have gone Modart MA01S over the MA01D, could use more offset in their Irons, could use a more forgiving club. Same goes with the Glorious over the 535 one of the best ways to save strokes is to check your ego in at the door.

• 2 weeks later...

I just took my Glorious driver out and have played the same number of rounds as my 535. Both are keepers but I do find myself more in the fairway than I do the 535. I feel that if I had to let one go it would be the 535. I can't believe I haven't tried JBeam out before, distance is about the same as the only difference is the Glorious is easier to hit. Seems like everything stays in play as I'm sure if I do decide to keep it the 535 will be rotated back and forth in my bag come this summer.

Agreed. I got a 14* Glorious with a TRPX Air shaft and it goes far and it goes straight.

Yup. The TRPX Air shaft makes the GLORIOUS work exceptionally well. I hit a high controlled draw with the GLORIOUS. i have a 12 degree head in both the GLORIOUS and 535. I have switched between the TRPX Air shaft and the MUSO XDB in the 535. The AIR shaft in the GLORIOUS resulted in a big performance improvement in overall consistency. I have the 535 setup with 2 6 gram weights up front and 4 gram weight in the back to hit a mid trajectory stinger shot. The XDB shaft provided the bigger wow factor but the AIR shaft was more consistent. The 535 is as good into the wind as the SYARD T.388.

Edited by driverhead

It's hard to fit the TRPX Air to people successfully, I always warn customers it's a wild shaft so go a flex or even two up.

The thing is though I've never heard so many say +20yds! so there is a risk reward factor with this shaft, also many customers have gone a full flex up then still had to tip it 3/5" or a half flex to see the big gain.

TRPX Air and the Fujikura Air are big distance shafts and if you want a higher launch with more carry are worth considering. Some customers have lofts too low and they want to find a new head, one very good option is to try one of these shafts for higher launch.

Keep in mind the Fuji Air is uniflex and 33g!!! but it's so weird and such an interesting design because it's optimal for 93mph so that scares the light shaft slower swinging crowd away but some major distance gains have been made at the 85mph speed as well.

46-47" is suggested! Don't be afraid :)

Then for the strong swingers out there TRPX has XX and XXX made to order flexes.

• 4 weeks later...

The Glorious is pretty glorious. Got mine with the stock shaft. Very forgiving, high launching, low spin driver. Much more forgiving then the other J-beam drivers I have had. Slightly more hollow feeling than the other J-beams, though. Great club.

The Glorious is pretty glorious. Got mine with the stock shaft. Very forgiving, high launching, low spin driver. Much more forgiving then the other J-beam drivers I have had. Slightly more hollow feeling than the other J-beams, though. Great club.

That stock shaft is on another level, better than many aftermarket shafts hence it's price. Not sure but I think it's a collaboration with TRPX or Crazy.

• 2 months later...

That stock shaft is on another level, better than many aftermarket shafts hence it's price. Not sure but I think it's a collaboration with TRPX or Crazy.

Any more info on the stock shaft? What other shafts seem to fit well with this head, especially for a smooth 95 mph swing?

JBeam has two new shafts, I want to say they are designed by TRPX but I'm not entirely sure about that.

Have a look at the specs, I've not hit that new Win One Proto but it looks excellent in spec.

The Glorious Driver shaft is a winner, when it comes to stock combo's I think Jbeam nailed it and showed you don't need to go cheap on a stock shaft in order to make customers happy. The Glorious driver shaft reminds me of a TRPX air but slightly more firm and stable imo.

post-18-0-54216600-1422373555_thumb.png

My Glorious stock shaft has a CRAZY sticker on it. Will try to post a pic.

Edit: Here it is:

0e035Lh.jpg

That's because we have Crazy do our custom Jbeam Builds for us as they are right next door.

• 2 months later...

So, I've had about 5 full range sessions, hitting the driver at least 30 balls each time, and 2 rounds on the course. I'm getting a real sense of having this driver dialed in now in terms of how aggressive I can be with my transition and tempo. It's becoming the most predictable long stick I've ever gamed. I have the Glorious shaft (by TRPX or Crazy??) in SR flex. It certainly is no slouch. In fact, it's handled everything I can throw at it, and I'm impressed considering it's the lightest driver shaft I've ever used.

I'd like to do a full on review for my fellow non-tour, sub 100 SS (and sub 95 :P) fellows who don't swing like Marvel Comic heroes. I'll hopefully find the time within the next week or so.