forget the model...talk to me about forward lean

julescurwen

For me, pure is playing the ball right at the very front of my front foot, with both feet together. That's optimal for me.

I started putting with the old 8802 style, then went Anser style for while especially when Gauge was all the rage. Then for awhile I started moving ball back, widening stance; then ball middle, then forward; but now, I've gone back to the feet together and then added playing the ball right at the front foot. Everything is square and there may be just the slightest amount of foward shaft lean. Its been a journey but that setup for me is golden. With the Epon Zen and that setup, I'm lethal. Well as lethal as one can be putting.

Forward lean or forward press is a good thing. With forward press, one would likely to putt thru and less chance of 'pulling' a putt, especially on shortish putts. For long or lag putts, it does not matter much.

shaft incline when putting? i seem to get more solid contact.

what do others "feel" when you get that "pure" feeling...

shaft incline when putting? i seem to get more solid contact.

what do others "feel" when you get that "pure" feeling...

Pretty much the same feel here, though I call it dynamic loft with a very lightly just about invisible upward stroke. I even imagine a slight flexing of the shaft when I'm rolling the ball well. Not always, but some very rare times. I'm putting an old Bullseye heavy flange.

Shambles