Grips - which do you like?

bk24bk

I am a big fan of the Elite A50 and is all I currently use.

I am a big fan of the Elite A50 and is all I currently use.

How do you compare it to Iomic series??

I had issues with quality on my Iomics. Inconsistent thickness and the like. The feel to me is a tad more firm with the Elite than Iomic. Better tack/grip with the Elite too.

I play gloveless, if that makes a difference to you...

Thanks - great feedback...seem now I've to put this grip into my shortlist. Was always under the impression Elite is just another wanna be Iomic but seems I'm way wrong...

• 5 months later...

I've re-gripped with No1 48's and 50's for regular clubs, and Iomic's for putters. I've bought JDM clubs that had Iomic Sticky 2.3's, Elites, and Muziiks. I heard some people like Perfect Pro also. I wear gloves.

Anyone have a clear preference of one grip over another, and why?

I just tried the new Super Stroke Iron Grips. Firm but nice feel and real good gripping power as I don't wear a glove.

I like the Nowon's as well. Iomics were just OK for irons but like their putter grip.

Iomic discontinued their original Absolute putter grips. I love them and should have stocked up.

The new Absolute X are much more coarse and does not give you that velvety stickiness.

• 11 months later...

I tried:
Lamkin - GP MC - Tour 360 velvet - Pure but I dont find these to be as good as;
No1's - Gripmaster classics - Masda and Elite grips

Im currently gaming Masda and Elite grips which for me is the best out of all these..

The No1's wore out very quickly - probably my grip and swing that caused it, however I paid like 220 dollars...

The Gripmaster classics were amazing grips - however I got the version that had too much tac, hence, making my hands black after every round..

Masda have served me well - two years and they last and feel great! This year I purchased some Elite grips which is equally as amazing! I think I would go Elite if I were to purchase new grips!

Elite

Iomic

Nowon Pro

Perfect Pro

All really great grips.

Not sure what my favorite is but Elite's seem to be the best made.

Perfect Pro cords....would love to try Masda slick fit grips.. Afraid tho as they look like theyd slide out my hands. Are they really that tacky......

For me they are at least as good or eve more tacky than, no1's, pure grips, elite, iomics.. I changed all of these for the masdas - they also feel durable til the end of the universe! However I like the Elite as much as the Masdas! Try them! =)

Edited by wedda

I put on some Tour G 30 ( softer tip section) corded grips in my irons and they are super nice.