interesting maybe... Bobby Jones putters

RLL33

Caught an article today about a some new putters coming from Bobby Jones. The adjustability sounds interesting...

"Bobby Jones Golf is about to add limited-edition adjustable putters to its lineup of golf clubs. At least six new putters will be unveiled at the PGA Merchandise Show in January.

The putter project is a partnership between Bobby Jones, headquartered in New Columbia, Pa., and putter manufacturer Dogleg Right, located in Plano, Texas.

“If Mr. (Bobby) Jones were alive today, what would he putt with? That’'s the question we constantly ask ourselves,” said Dave Billings, co-founder, president and chief executive of Dogleg Right.

One answer: Jones would take advantage of the latest technology and choose a putter featuring independently adjustable loft, lie and toe hang.
“We are making these putters in-house in our machine shop,” Billings said. “There is a lot of custom-milling and hand-shaping.”

All this adjustability and precision comes at a cost. The retail price of the stainless-steel Silver Anniversary Series is $699.99 for each of the Modern Classic putters. The carbon-steel Grand Slam Series sells for $799.99 per putter with four models available.

The putters are completely customized for individual golfers. All carry the Bobby Jones name and are co-branded with Dogleg Right."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think they've been empirically proven to work just fine, no? Plus, if drivers, with all of the force they generate, can work as screw-together implements, I'm sure the concept doesn't pose much of an issue with putters. I checked them out and ultimately went a different direction, but Machine's workmanship and versatility is hard to beat. For anybody who likes the look, I'm hard pressed to think you'll be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a couple of Machine putters, a damascus and a stainless steel. i really love them both. the feel is great and i dont think there is an issue with the multiple component aspect. the ball rolls off the face extremely well and i dont get any sense of interrupted feel throughout the stroke.

when i was looking at damascus i had originally contacted Byron but he was unwilling to to work on damascus. I therefore switched to Dave at Machine and he was great. i really enjoyed working with the actual owner of the company as we discussed everything from weighting, to hosel choice and loft.

i was considering the bobby jones putters from machine as they gave me a special offer since i was an existing customer. however, Seven Dreamers comes first.

• 2 weeks later...

Was Bob Jones known for being an extreme tinkerer? When I think of him I think of understated classiness, not somebody using a putter The Terminator or Dr Snuggles would use. Sounds alot like marketing BS to me. "He would take advantage of the latest technology" Oh yeah? Like approx 0.0000001 % of golfers that use extremely adjustable putters. Sure, sounds likely

why on earth wud a putter be of any concern if theres 10000 screws or none.

the differnce cant makle a lick of differnce

..how about a driver with a screw in shaft for gooor sakes.

whats the chance of a driver falling to bits with the force applied to it ......

or a putter???????

juts look at maruyamas screw in driver thing at last yrs jack tourny he won,

kapooooooooooooow , had to use his 3 wood in the pay off vs NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

i never saw a putter do that , well except when my mad mate wrapped one around a tree.

id back the putter 100/100

Edited by supo67