Honma TW-727 Drivers Info!

TourSpecGolfer

There is still the misconception that Honma is for the slower swinging senior player that's looking for gold plated golf clubs and I'm here to tell everyone "again" that couldn't be further from the truth. So what is the truth? It's that Honma is the #1 golf brand in Japan today! Whaa! But how? It's because Honma has stayed the course while other brands followed the gimmicks of many U.S companies and strayed away from what made them inherently Japanese in the first place which is Quality, Materials, and Design while never compromising or creating anything less than the best.

While Honma has a parent company that is Chinese, as someone who has visited and knows them very well it's totally Japanese still. More Japanese than most Japanese Owned Brands and Sakata Studio not a studio it's a gigantic factory, it's massive and they have the ability to do just about everything yet Honma realizes in order to make certain types of clubs they have to use other factories... such as Endo :)

Let me give you guys an example and a little inside info. Tour players usually don't like Endo drivers they are too soft and hold on to your seats... not exactly the best when it comes to distance. There I said it nicely.. It's alright I still love them but that's why you see Honma make their tour drivers elsewhere using harder faces and materials while their more consumer based products have an emphasis on what normal players desire especially soft feel. When I think honma and this year especially I think "Never Compromise" I'm not talking about the putters I'm talking about what they spend and what they do to get it done right...

Ever see Honma adjustable weights? How about Adjustable Adapters? While they do have them and tested them for the new TW-727 series they for some reason didn't make the cut. Does that make them late to the party or firm on their convictions? Ever notice the finish they put on their Irons? There is an extra step someone here must have noticed..

Anyway the stuff is good, easily better than most and almost all for that matter and I like the fact they are not followers and chart their own course as this has paid off over the years making them the most powerful Japanese golf brand of them all.

bg_main-4.jpg

TW727 430 Driver - Deisgned for fast and stronger players who swing aggressively and require a low spin, low launch, anti hook design club. It has a very shallow and forward CG location for that strong trajectory and a black IP finish at the request of Honma's tour pros.

bg_main.jpg

TW727 455 Driver - All W-Forged models are made by Endo using Honma's proprietary high density forging process that increases the face hardness by about 15% This W-Forged face is also 2 grams lighter which allowed it to be larger in order to expand the sweet spot and improve feel.

bg_main-1.jpg

TW727 455S Driver - The 455S is also W-Forged and it bridges the gap between the 455 and 460. It's got a lower CG than the 455 and a slightly higher spin design to help players who need more forgiveness and who value a straighter more forgiving shot over workability.

bg_main-2.jpg

TW727 460 Driver - Naturally the most forgiving model in the line up designed around straight higher launching shots and a shape and size to inspire confidence. It features a lower center of gravity with it's shallow back which stabilizes spin for a tighter dispersion.

bg_main-3.jpg

Wonder how much more in forgiveness in compare to their S-03 models?

Is the S-03 the Beres line?

Is the S-03 the Beres line?

Yes sir - Beres line 03 as sure do love the look of this TW series and if it's equip with Beres forgiveness...Hmmm someting to think about !

Yeah, you need yet another driver like I need another one besides my 5 or is it 6. However the 460 looks interesting.

Edited by Duffer19

I bought/played the Honma TW717 460, (from Tour Spec), last season. I'm not sure why I chose that model, other than I really loved the looks.

It's by far the best driver I've played. It's extremely good in every category. From the few looks of the TW727, other than one of the weights being in the back, it looks almost identical.

I can easily endorse the quality of Honma gear. Absolutely first rate.

I'm still torn on which one to get, want the 455S because it's a new addition but really think the 455 would be better for my game.

I'm intrigued by the new Vizard shafts.

see below:

Vizard YA - Softest tip but stiffest butt and mid section for the smoother swinger would most likely help battle the right side

Vizard YC - More stable than YA, relies less on timing with a bit more feel I'd consider this neutral.

Vizard YZ - stiffest tip section with the softest butt, better for aggressive swinger helps with keeping left side out of play.

post-18-0-88921100-1419122376_thumb.png

Great looking drivers. Unfortunate that none of the shafts cater to an aggressive transition that needs a tip stiffer than the midsection.

What shaft has a tip stiffer than the mid section ?

Comparative, not absolute terms.

i.e. the stiffness profile of the AD DI or the NS Pro Regio Formula, which gets less stiff as you go down from the butt, but increases in stiffness again close to the tip:

NS_2002_Regio_Formula_Rigid.jpg

Cool concept but they had to make the mid section very soft in order to do this, this scares me :)

If you have an aggressive transition this is not the best thing to look for in a shaft, you want a stiffer mid/tip section more than anything else and also top grade carbon so the shaft is not heavily reliant on timing at impact.

Any reviews on these heads yet? Love the look of them.

Cool concept but they had to make the mid section very soft in order to do this, this scares me :)

If you have an aggressive transition this is not the best thing to look for in a shaft, you want a stiffer mid/tip section more than anything else and also top grade carbon so the shaft is not heavily reliant on timing at impact.

Thanks for the advice! I always thought the mid section being soft improves feel, while the tip being stiff improves dispersion. Looks like I gotta start experimenting with a more uniform profile shaft.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got to hit the 430, 455s, and the three wood in this today. The 430 With the Purple Vizard shaft was great. Out of the screws I loved the flight, Not sure this was forgiving enough. 455d was good, but I think the 455 is the sweetspot probably for me.

The three wood was a winner. It is such a classic looking club. I got about 3 more yards out of it than my i25 three wood, but that has been the best three wood I've ever owned. This looks better, and feels better, and my dispersion was cut in half. Whats not to like?

Edited by Danj

• 5 years later...