JBeam Yamazaki Pro ZY-11

TourSpecGolfer

One of our friends has been sporting a new JBEAM ZY-11 driver on the long driver tour that we are about to get our hands on!

He has been using it with the TRPX Air shaft in triple X flex but recently switched to a custom graphic version made just for him.

More news and availability shortly.

post-18-0-59168300-1418667311_thumb.jpg

Looks really cool

That's just nasty, what a mean mother.

I'll bet anything it is long and strong.

What is the loft??

The Jbeam ZY-11 and 435 Black Out are limited edition models and quite expensive.

The 435 Black Out is a revised design and while similar to the previous 435 slight adjustments were made, and also the face was changed promoting even lower spin.

The ZY-11 is a long driver club

435 Black Out - Jan 10th TSG can start shipping

ZY-11 Feb 1st

post-18-0-34897900-1418839565_thumb.jpg

That Black 435 looks really good!

If it is really limited edition, I have a feeling they will go really fast!

From what I have read, BM 435 is still the most popular head used by top amateurs in Japan.

As for the design change on the face, what exactly did they do?

I see some micro grooves but does it still use the same DAT55?

Is the finish similar to the Black IP of the 425 tour? ( it looks a bit different from your pics )

"Lower spin" than the normal 435 suggests higher loft needed for most people?!

Sometimes long drive heads are reinforced/thicker faced in order to not cave in after a few hits. This means they often don't have max allowed COR, so only REALLY fast swingers get good results out of them

I like them both...no surprises there.

Got to say my George Spirits GT 450 is the best driver I have ever owned.

• 1 month later...

post-18-0-43145900-1421768897_thumb.jpg

For Yamazaki-san, Jbeam sponsored player :)

TSG will be getting the Black Out 435 this week and the ZY-11 next month. Please email if someone wants to reserve they are not a retail release both are considered pro's clubs and only sold by 2 stores in Japan and TSG of course :)

Loving the look of those 2 heads. The ZY-11 is on the long drive tour. Does that mean it is not made for us mere mortals?

Any more information on the performance?

Loving the look of those 2 heads. The ZY-11 is on the long drive tour. Does that mean it is not made for us mere mortals?

Any more information on the performance?

I've not hit either yet. Both of these are being used for long drive not just the ZY-11.

But the heads Yamazaki-san is using is 5-7* in loft. I ordered mere mortal lofts with square face angles.

What's the price on these? I'm looking for a long drive head.

Drop me an email [email protected] we can talk specs and what sort of build you need. I'm thinking Quadra Proto V1 for you or Waccine.

It reminds me of the Adams Launch Lab USDM driver which was lonnnnnng. That being probably the only USDM driver I have ever fell in love with...

http://golf wrx/forums/topic/666960-adams-launch-labtour-prototype-driver-in-hand-pics/

The Launch Lab is still the single longest driver I ever hit.

• 1 month later...

Oh Yes, I got a lot of time with both the ZY-11 and Black Out side by side. 2 very good drivers in very different ways.

First off the new 435 black out is slightly different face material than old version, new laser engraved grooves on face has reduced spin a decent amount but other than that it's the same and still uber long.

The ZY-11 is high launch very low spin while the new 435 black out is low spin low launch. The 10* in the Black Out was similar in launch to the 9* in ZY-11. All ZY-11's come factory foamed! that's right sound is totally different from what you would expect.

I liked them both very much so I got both for personal use. We sold our first 10pcs and have another 10 on order to arrive in less than a month. Black Outs and ZY-11's. Will post official review when I have it on course, for now all testing was done on a range that I was not familiar with.

post-18-0-10559500-1425233773_thumb.jpg