How far an egg+ utility goes?

golferjeje

I'm usually carrying 3 and 5 hybrid in between 3w and 5i. After getting PRGR new egg spoon, I'm tempted to get egg+ utilities too but I'm not sure which 2 degrees I should get between 3&5 and 4&6.

Since my 5 iron has 25 degree, I'm pretty sure egg 6ut (25) would go further than 5i but how further? If I choose 5ut (23), I'm also afraid that it would leave too much gap from 5i.

My SS is 95-100 mph and my usual 5i distance is 170-175. Since I haven't measured my new 3w distance, I assume it would go around 220-230. If PRGR egg utilities are not as good as woods, I would greatly appreciate your recommendation too.

Edited by golferjeje

Hello

I just received a 21° egg+ utility and should play it first this weekend , as my distance with my 5i is 160-165, i will be able to give my results .

And i also have a new egg in 16,5 to compare

Stephane

Edited by smstef

Hello

I just received a 21° egg+ utility and should play it first this weekend , as my distance with my 5i is 160-165, i will be able to give my results .

And i also have a new egg in 16,5 to compare

Stephane

Wow, I'll be waiting! Not only the distance, I would really appreciate if you could tell me how it feels too!

I will compare with my former syard XV wood and miura HB3, little bit stormy here , guess i will do the test tomorrow or monday

Stephane

Hello

So i made it to play these babies, they look really beautiful and the sound is nice for me .

My big disapointment is coming from the shafts , i have the m40 on both and it's really not my shaft.

My problem with the shaft is that my ball is going straight and high but then just falling down and no roll .

Also i think the shaft is too soft for me which is weird .

As a result , Here is some measurment i did today with wet weather , of course it's an average , distance taken with googles and range information, shot around 20 balls per club changing every 4 shots

Epon af302 5i 26° : 160 y

Epon af302 4i 23° : 170 y

Miura HB20 : 190y

Egg utility 21 : 185 y ( and so easy and forgiven )

Now we have to keep in mind that the egg shaft is not for me , wich can i think give me easily 15-20 y more .

Second part now with the wood , same procedure for the test

Syard XV 18° : 205 y

Syard XV 15° : 220 y

New egg spoon 16,5 : 210 y , again crap shaft for me , even worse results than on the utility, i i can also expect 15 more .

Finally i would say that i'm really happy with them , really forgiven clubs, what I was looking for for 2015 :)

hello

just a quick update , tried again the original shafts from PRGR , we did some test , 3 players with different hcp and swing , all the same result ,

the m40 S/R are more a regular and it's really soft, result for all is really high ball flight and a real loss of distance due to this .

time to find the good shaft now

have a nice weekend

stephane

• 2 weeks later...

Last update , i changed the shaft of the utility with my CM , ending with a wishon s2s white hybrid S ,

Result is immediate , played today with little wind and 1°C temperature , average of the day 200 yards

This head is really good and forgiving and I expect 210 with nice weather .

Next week will be my wood turn to be work on

Stephane

• 3 weeks later...