Mizuno MP 27 irons

Pickerjohn

Anybody have any experience with the MP 27 Mizuno irons from several years ago?

Playability, feel, etc. I have run up on a set with the Tour Spirit SR (stiff/regular) shafts.

I'm a long time Mizuno lover, started with the MP 5's, these will be here in 5 or so days

and I'm pumped to try them.

Thanks

I had a set of them 12 years ago. They were the first real set of players cavity backs that mizuno made.

Felt great, were forgiving. For some reason if my memory is correct I did not like the visual look of the PW...

I had a set of them 12 years ago. They were the first real set of players cavity backs that mizuno made.

Felt great, were forgiving. For some reason if my memory is correct I did not like the visual look of the PW...

Thanks, I think the earlier MP's had PW's that were a little thick where the face came out from the hosel.

MP27s were a great club and i found them to have excellent distance very forgiving, especially in the long irons, the only negative i can think of is that they were a bit thicker than i would like. I would game these in a heartbeat and i believe these stand up to everything available out there right now.....if they look good to you at address, you have a winner. Ive owned several sets of these irons in the past and would love to find a mint set to refinish in black boron or other black satin !

Nothing like Mizuno...just ask Sir Nick! :atsg_smilie_mizuno:

• 3 weeks later...