Yamaha V440 Powerlength Driver

james13

I am currently playing this driver and it has the stock Tour AD LV6 shaft. I am getting a high level of consistency in the fairways but I am looking for a bit more height and distance.

My question: how does this driver compare to the latest popular jBeam, Mizuno Craft, etc. drivers and if so, would a shaft change to something like a TRPX Air be the efficient move to get what I am looking for. From what I have read, I should be a good candidate for this shaft.

Thank you for any thoughts.

I had one of these with a Fubuki K 70s. Flight was a little high for me so I put a 1st gen Stinger in it and it was wonderful......and then sold it! I have the D series version of your driver in for testing now, and I would recommend this head for you if you need more height and distance. Again i have mine with a Fubuki (Alpha) 70s my ballflight is high and all carry. The D series heads will spin a little more than the V series which you have. If you just want to try a different shaft then a Fubuki or Diamana 'M' series/Ilima/'R' series or an Attas 3 should give you more height/spin. Obviously I don't know your SS and profile but these shafts should do the trick........or you can buy my Yamaha D445 Power Forward when i sell it!!

Don't know about the TRPX Air unfortunately.