Need help-Yamada putter

Mob

Bar keepers friend

Have you used it on this finish before? Just don't want to ruin it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice! any idea on head weight of musahi?

It feels heavy. When I looked online, there is limited information available, but I think it is 363 grams.

great pick up.

Thanks, very excited. Just spent an hour last night rolling it indoors and boy does it feel nice. Still can't believe how lucky I was to stumble across this. I had given up hope on finding this. It is also 34 inches which is my preferred length, and it has the heavy head weight I prefer.

It feels heavy. When I looked online, there is limited information available, but I think it is 363 grams.

absolutely the perfect head weight IMO, great find! I wonder if that's really true... I'm always a little weary of posted specs about yamadas since they don't really have their own updated and QC'd site. if it is tho, might have to have me a musahi too...I have a wide blade goose that definitely feels extra heavy (me thinks over 370g)

Edited by needmoregolf

• 2 weeks later...

So I have spent the last few weeks rolling this on my indoor putting green (weather is prohibitive here at this point). I really like the feel of this putter. I don't know if it is the materials, style/design, or putter maker, but this is quickly becoming my favorite. I have never played a blade/anser style before, and am enjoying it so far. The real test will obviously be out on the course this spring where the Yamada and Lajosi, both very different style putters, will be competing for the starting spot in the bag. I also like the handmade look of this putter. I tend to prefer the slight imperfections of a handmade putter to the perfect lines of the Scotty Camerons, Golds, etc. They are all obviously great putter makers, but this seems to appeal to me more. Would love to see pictures of any else's Yamada putters.

I did contact John Muir to see if I could get a 85029 or another Musashi as a backup, and he said that the only left handed putters he is making at this point are center shafted ones. I guess I got one of the last ones.

Yamada-san is doing this to feed his kids, he really doesn't want to work anymore but the boys need food. So sometimes they are done and other times they are not.

For those right handers lookingfor a Yamada putter, there is a Yamada Samurai and also an 85029 for sale on eBay right now.

conditions are not very solid

Agree, but maybe a Gold's refurbish project?

Samurai is very high.

I got the 85029...

Samurai is very high.

I got the 85029...

Congrats, hope you like it. I agree that Saumurai was priced pretty high.

Stevo, you lucky duck! I was watching that auction too, I really want a 85029!!

Ok gents, opinions please....

Yamada Kamakura vs. Razor??

Love the look of both, but not sure about the flow neck on the Kamakura (that's why I really want a Musahi/85029!), and wondering if the Razor is as good as it looks when it comes to actually rolling putts. Any opinions/thoughts/experience with either would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

85029 was steep enough. The Samurai which has a site line and what I wanted was $1200 then down to $900 ridiculous for a putter that probably was $500 new...

Edited by stevopagolf

the razor is one u must have .

if ,when they ever come up

ive never seen one come up in the last 2 years.

if u guys can find ine

jump on it!!!

if u guys can find ine

jump on it!!!

Really? there has been a left handed razor on eBay for awhile that won't sell. Not my style putter.

if u guys can find ine

jump on it!!!

Agreed

Agreed

Really? You think I should grab the left handed one on eBay, just to hold onto it? Is it that rare?

Agreed

Agreed

if u guys can find ine

jump on it!!!

Got mine on order with Six weeks to go and keeping my finger cross, Hopefully he will retire after feeding his children for a while!

Really? You think I should grab the left handed one on eBay, just to hold onto it? Is it that rare?

If u r a lefty, that will probably be rare

From my limited knowledge, not many lefties razor left in e marker that's brand new