Need help-Yamada putter

Mob

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine on order with Six weeks to go and keeping my finger cross, Hopefully he will retire after feeding his children for a while!

I can't believe you guys have me considering buying a club that I wasn't even interested in. You are a bad influence!

I can't believe you guys have me considering buying a club that I wasn't even interested in. You are a bad influence!

Bad Influence! Wait till the spring come and putt at course. Make sure you let the other half knows the Cows ain't come home for a while so addicted. Just like Epon Zen never ever let go of those Razors type and Can't afforded it try Wilson 8802 that is how I got started.

For my own putter education, what are the differences, value or feel wise, between the machine mill Emperor II or handmade burning copper Emperor or shogun or kamakura. Are they all made by the same guy but using different material or method? Is the burning copper milled in a block of copper or just a finish?

Edited by Duffer19

Burning Copper is a finish not a copper putter.

there are 2 lefty Razors on eBay right now.

I am not sure the word handmade is really handmade BTW. I think they start with CNC milling then handfinished.

I want a Samurai. I keep checking TSG Pro Shop to no avail. With the Yen so low there are some values out there...

I don't care as much for his newer putters. They seem to be more like every other putter and have less of that personal touch to them.

I don't care as much for his newer putters. They seem to be more like every other putter and have less of that personal touch to them.

I'm with you on that buddy

If u want the personal touch, why not go with golds..do a refinish..his work is second to none

I haven't seen a Gold's putter that has look that really appeals to me yet. While I know they do excellent work with very tight tolerances, the putters themselves just don't grab me. Just a personal taste thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I couldn't help myself. A left handed Yamada Razor in Burning Copper finish came up on eBay and before I knew it, I had already bought it. I thought it would be nice to have it side by side with my Burning copper Musashi. I think I am developing a problem. This will be hard to explain to the family. :tsg_smilie_smile2:

Don't tell them, the copper will make them look similar anyway :)

Unfortunately, the mail/UPS etc. comes while I am at work. They are all quite familiar with golf boxes by now. My sons are very jealous and wish they were left handed so they could use all my golf equipment; I bet that is a first!

If it makes you feel any better I just bought the Samurai putter off Ebay. In addition, I've placed an order for handmade Kamakura and Emperor II from JM in the last month. Perhaps you and I should start a support group.... :tsg_smiley_crazy:

If it makes you feel any better I just bought the Samurai putter off Ebay. In addition, I've placed an order for handmade Kamakura and Emperor II from JM in the last month. Perhaps you and I should start a support group.... :tsg_smiley_crazy:

Actually yes, that does make me feel better.

At the moment, I spent a bomb on:

1. Emperor ii burning copper (2 years back)

2. Shogun burning copper

3. Ibushi

4. Kamakura burning copper

5. Imperial burning copper

6. Razor burning copper

Hope it makes u feel better :)

At the moment, I spent a bomb on:

1. Emperor ii burning copper (2 years back)

2. Shogun burning copper

3. Ibushi

4. Kamakura burning copper

5. Imperial burning copper

6. Razor burning copper

Hope it makes u feel better :)

Holy cow! You make me look like a Saint.

guys can you tell me if the feel is a lot different with the burning copper? I have a normal emperor II and really like it, but wonder how better it can get with burning copper, thanks.

• 1 month later...

I was offered a Yamada KB-875 at the weekend for pennys and i mean pennys. It would make a good GOLDS candidate, but think i'm going to pass as i want a handmade 85029 or as its called a Musashi.

Edited by jonbev78

I was offered a Yamada KB-875 at the weekend for pennys and i mean pennys. It would make a good GOLDS candidate, but think i'm going to pass as i want a handmade 85029 or as its called a Musashi.

attachicon.gifimage1.JPG

attachicon.gifimage2.JPG

attachicon.gifimage3.JPG

attachicon.gifimage1 copy.jpg

Loving my Musashi

Teaser!! Yeah i want one bad, i just missed out on a brand new smoked handmade Musashi in the UK.

Good luck. Hope you find one.