JBEAM 435 Black Out Driver In Hand Pics!

TourSpecGolfer

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a way to get more out of this club.

I'm still in awe of it but if you can find a shaft and build that gets you to 2600-2800 rpm with say 12-13* launch angle you can gain bigger distance.

So with 3000rpm and 14* launch it was longer than everything I had, I'm slowly bringing down spin and it's helping with my launch and distance has increased an additional 10 yards on average with the launch monitor.

So I've found the head, found a good shaft yet not sure if it's gonna be the one as 7D's are coming, but the fine tune of spin and launch is

taking this a step further.

prior to the blackout i was not long @ 100mph about "235yds real" distance with most clubs again this is on trackman not my eyes. with blackout I gained about 10yds, by reducing spin and launch i'm getting another 10yds. Now on TM I'm at 255-259yds real distance.

That's almost 24yds gain guys.

My ZY-11 is a hair longer than the blackout. I contribute this to Jbeams heads but also shaft advancements and taking a methodical approach to getting my numbers right.

That's cool, Chris, good work. I had a jump in numbers very similar to yours when I put the 7D in the t388. And with the Blackout, on Wednesday I had three drives in the 260's, with one at 267. More importantly, they were ropes that ended in the fairways. Looking forward to seeing what happens with the 7D in this baby now that we're getting closer to shipping.

But P.S., I also look forward to your comparison of the 7D and the Basileus in the Blackout... <g> I agree with whoever said we seem to be bumping up to yet another level with shafts. Space age... truly...

i challenge D to a long drive contest! hahahaha

Haha....when is this challenge taking place ????? Ill be there !

It'll have to be in a few weeks after I return from Asia!

Ahhhhh....the stash of rhino horn and tiger penis is running low !

Hi , I have this black 9.5 the Maxima V-Spec 8.5 and S-yard 388 all 3 with the same shaft 47 1/2" TRPX air in X flex

All are very very competitive. More than 300 yards

After some rounds I believe that the black it's number 1 , Maxima 2 and S-yard 3 . But the difference is very small.

this three are amazing drivers.

47.5"?? I don't even think I could get the club faced square consistently. if I could though, there would be some amazing distance gains me thinks. was it tough to get used to this longer length?

So that was the extract between 18 in Monterey! Now the distance gain makes sense (and the tiger roars after...)

J, let us know when you are back. Let's do 9 at the Cliffs at the OC then head over to Harding? Let's get Robbie and D as well!

There is a way to get more out of this club.

I'm still in awe of it but if you can find a shaft and build that gets you to 2600-2800 rpm with say 12-13* launch angle you can gain bigger distance.

So with 3000rpm and 14* launch it was longer than everything I had, I'm slowly bringing down spin and it's helping with my launch and distance has increased an additional 10 yards on average with the launch monitor.

So I've found the head, found a good shaft yet not sure if it's gonna be the one as 7D's are coming, but the fine tune of spin and launch is

taking this a step further.

prior to the blackout i was not long @ 100mph about "235yds real" distance with most clubs again this is on trackman not my eyes. with blackout I gained about 10yds, by reducing spin and launch i'm getting another 10yds. Now on TM I'm at 255-259yds real distance.

That's almost 24yds gain guys.

My ZY-11 is a hair longer than the blackout. I contribute this to Jbeams heads but also shaft advancements and taking a methodical approach to getting my numbers right.

Chris,

How would you describe the sound and feel of ZY-11 vs 435 Black.

I read somewhere that 435 Black uses new face material and does not sound as tinny as the previous models?

Since ZY-11 is factory foamed to begin with, does it have that wooden bat like sound at impact?

I know you mentioned ZY-11 as the more forgiving head, but is the 435 Black much more demanding or just a tad demanding?

Chris,

How would you describe the sound and feel of ZY-11 vs 435 Black.

I read somewhere that 435 Black uses new face material and does not sound as tinny as the previous models?

Since ZY-11 is factory foamed to begin with, does it have that wooden bat like sound at impact?

I know you mentioned ZY-11 as the more forgiving head, but is the 435 Black much more demanding or just a tad demanding?

Totally different, the ZY-11's stock foamed from the factory yet It's still not dead mute like other foamed heads because it started off more hollow and loud in the first place by design but I think this is the perfect compromise between people who like foam and don't want a loud head. It's a thwack but a louder metallic thwack, I love it.

For me the 435 blackout was never demanding, its forgiveness was average and not below. I still think it's one of the best ever.

Totally different, the ZY-11's stock foamed from the factory yet It's still not dead mute like other foamed heads because it started off more hollow and loud in the first place by design but I think this is the perfect compromise between people who like foam and don't want a loud head. It's a thwack but a louder metallic thwack, I love it.

For me the 435 blackout was never demanding, its forgiveness was average and not below. I still think it's one of the best ever.

Thanks! So the 435 Black is louder comparing to the ZY-11?

Just played 435 black with 7D shorten hosel depth about 0.3mm.

It is long. Maxima, kamui nitro and air long.

And I'm surprised how forgiving it is.

This may be a silly question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway.

Is the 435 Black Out conforming or non conforming??

I'm going to play golf and daydream about this setup... later.

Conforming... but really doesn't matter to me even if it was non-conforming if it's really as long as people say it is.

Hi all I just got back from the range comparing my jbeam 435 black 10 degree shafted with a seven dreamers distance model to my normal kamui km 200 9.5 loft conforming model with a crazy cb80 noir 8.2. Both drivers felt really good when flushed however I felt the kamui actually felt more explosive and had higher trajectory. I normally swing in the 117mph range and hit my drivers pretty high but with the j beam my best shots would only be considered mid launch. I will take the driver on the course today and see where I end up after a good drive in comparison to my normal gamer. So far I like the j beam but maybe I just need a few more rounds to fall in love with it.

On a side note I was wondering if anyone checked the numbers on the bottom of their seven dreamers shaft to see if the numbers have a letter at the end. Mine has a "s" and was wondering if this stood for the standard model because I ordered the distance model.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows.

• 1 month later...

I have a question in regards to the JBEAM drivers. How would they compare to the TRPX which is also made by JBEAM. Is there any similarity with a any of them?

Hi

I currently have a Trpx D0-13 10degree sq shafted with a Quadra FE max wbq65x. Arriving soon a Jbeam 435 black 11.5 deg 0.5 open so essentially a 11 degree head. Hey 10.5 was too low spin from.some of the guys so decided to go with a bit more lift.Going to shaft this with a Trpx messenger 1st sx. I'll give you a run down how both compare.

The trpx D0-13 has a standard hosel depth that's why I use a X flex in it...435 is much deeper.

My driver swing is 106-108 mph semi-aggressive transition. I can krank it to 112mph...but not much past that.

Post some pics when I have set it up.

Edited by Jeffrey Tan

Hi Jeffrey;

Thanks for your inputs. Very much appreciated!

I also have a TRPX D-013 (9.5) with a Crazy TJ-80 &.4 (S). I had some difficulties in the past to launch the ball but lately I made a few changes to my swing and now with an average of 250yds this driver is taking the place of my Ryoma (D1 Maxima Type G 10.5 with a Crazy Black Tour 65 Flkex S).

I really enjoy the sound, few and roll of the TRPX driver and that is why I am considering a JBEAM (if all good with a Seven Dreamers) to replace the Ryoma. Ryoma is quite forgiving but sometimes too much high launch and back spin in the ball.

Which JBEAM would be an "enhancement" of the TRPX?

Hi all I just got back from the range comparing my jbeam 435 black 10 degree shafted with a seven dreamers distance model to my normal kamui km 200 9.5 loft conforming model with a crazy cb80 noir 8.2. Both drivers felt really good when flushed however I felt the kamui actually felt more explosive and had higher trajectory. I normally swing in the 117mph range and hit my drivers pretty high but with the j beam my best shots would only be considered mid launch. I will take the driver on the course today and see where I end up after a good drive in comparison to my normal gamer. So far I like the j beam but maybe I just need a few more rounds to fall in love with it.

On a side note I was wondering if anyone checked the numbers on the bottom of their seven dreamers shaft to see if the numbers have a letter at the end. Mine has a "s" and was wondering if this stood for the standard model because I ordered the distance model.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows.

Yes you should always give a new club time. I don't count anything out until like 3-5 rounds and at least 2 range sessions. Finding out why you don't hit something well has value.

Blackout or ZY11 are both low spin, many consider them mid or some even say a low trajectory, with a 7D shaft it gets lower as the shaft helps get rid of energy loss in the trajectory or arc so all of these things combined create what your describing.

We want that 2500rpm 13-14* launch and I've seen a lot of people who can't get close to those numbers actually hit or get near them with Jbeam + 7D combos especially those in need of lowering spin.

So give it some time, see if there is any small adjustment you need to do to catch it more on the upswing to launch it higher.

Let us know how it works out.