JBeam Glorious Fairway Wood Pics!

TourSpecGolfer

this vs the Agrind?

A-Grind is totally different, can't compare the two. A-Grind is really like a players RC wood.

The Glorious FW has another contender, the new upcoming RomaRo Alpha which is another high launch low spin wood, not as round either but one to go head to head with. In the end knowing Jbeam woods I think the Glorious should come out on top.

Great club! It's only slightly smaller than the Ryoma F3. Hard to tell from my crummy pic. JBeam on the bottom. It's also slightly shallower than the Ryoma. But I like the JBeam better. Feel is much more solid. Even easier to hit off the deck.

post-8-0-61099500-1425176900_thumb.jpg

Hows the distance compared to the Ryoma? Also is the Ryoma totally neutral face or very slightly closed like the Maximia?

dkats, thanks for posting comparo pics. mind posting a comparison pics of the face to see how much shallower it is? thanks!

So Ijust measured the face height of both. The JBeam face height is actally 1 mm taller, 32 mm vs 31 mm for the F3. Sorry about my mistake earlier. I think the top of the JBeam face is more curved so overall it looked shallower. The Ryoma topline is very flat if that makes sense.

Hows the distance compared to the Ryoma? Also is the Ryoma totally neutral face or very slightly closed like the Maximia?

I haven't taken them both out together to do a head to head. Both are very long. And both three woods look neutral to me.

So Ijust measured the face height of both. The JBeam face height is actally 1 mm taller, 32 mm vs 31 mm for the F3. Sorry about my mistake earlier. I think the top of the JBeam face is more curved so overall it looked shallower. The Ryoma topline is very flat if that makes sense.

totally makes sense, thank you. sound and feel much different as well?

my ryoma f3 is long so love that, and feel is pretty nice with the sound being in the lower register which I prefer over the higher pitch tingy sound some FW woods have.

Great club! It's only slightly smaller than the Ryoma F3. Hard to tell from my crummy pic. JBeam on the bottom. It's also slightly shallower than the Ryoma. But I like the JBeam better. Feel is much more solid. Even easier to hit off the deck.

Looks like JBeam is bigger than I thought. Is there anyone know volume specs ?

Looks like JBeam is bigger than I thought. Is there anyone know volume specs ?

It's a big club. But it hides it fairly well. I was surprised when I compared it to the Ryoma and it was almost as large. It is also easier to hit off the deck. The sole design seems to allow it to make less contact with the turf then the F3.

Edited by dkats

Is the Glorious as long as the F3 off the deck ?

It's long, but I haven't hit both head to head. I'll try this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help with the size/volume of the head? Can't find it anywhere, even their own website....