blade choices of recent times ............

supo

i was browsing blade designs and thought hmmm whats the best looking , functional blade design out there. for me. obv its very personal ( pun!!) thing , but my goal is to have lots of blades , and just a set of two of cavities.

heres what i came up with just off the top of my head.

happy to have al these in toe

BUT

to me....................... one of these just stands out a bit more ,

and i think everyone will get a big surprise when i revel which one.

its a very personal thing as i said ,but this one seems to get

no love, no dialoge and no play.

i know whats next on my list....,

what say all you lovers of blades ????

Edited by supo67

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been a big fan of Mizuno irons but those MP4's have such a perfect shape to my eye, the redesigned short irons are a dramatic improvement in my opinion. I'm gaming the Bridgestone J15 MB's in 2015 shafted with Nippon Modus 120's and hoping for great things. All of the models you pictured are works of art, I would be interested to hear comments on the new Srixon also looks sharp! BB

Crazy MBs for sure!

well. i cant beleive the srixons havnt got more love, they have the best lines ive seen on a club in eons

(personal choice of course )

but bec they are OEM i bet they are not popular.

the mp4s i saw and drooled over, but the softness of them just stops me buying them .

The buchis are somehting that i really like the look of as well.

a small rounded style, non angular.

have to say i saw the miura 101 and thay really did look like well made head, lovely finish might be the best finish, but for he goose neck..!!!!

srixons ,, they are the next set for sure..,

Edited by supo67

Looks wise I still have a thing for the Art Deco look of the personals one. But their performance with monaccos just didn't blow me away.

I've also hit the fourteens and the mb001, both that I would game in any $ game IF I could practice more than I do. Ironically they are both fairly forgiving and long, but I psyched myself out into moving on from them

Epon Personal 2.

I own the Fourteens FH1000, they are good and looks really nice but not as soft as Epon's.

First Epon, Crazy, Miura.

Those Srixons are a really nice blade and they do play as good as they look.

As you know I practically "stole" a set and I do really like them.

The only other new blade that I liked the look of was the Honma ones.

All the ones pictured are nice irons. Though have not tried the Miura or the Fourteens.

I like the Epon Personals 1 & 2...but I already loved them both when they were Ben Hogan designs. The Buchis get my vote for one of the best looking modern blades...gotta love the minimalistic approach. If you believe marketing, functionality may have to go to the Yamahas...an MB that I really want to try but haven't. But for recent blades, I'm still stuck on the Yururis...the utilitarian look after they've been gamed for a while has got me hooked.

2014 Yamaha MB's. They're as precise as they look, and for me, they look like polished razors.

C - R - A - Z - Y

with Buchi on very close 2nd place

...The only other new blade that I liked the look of was the Honma ones...

Forgot about those, I quite like those myself.

First that caught my eye was the Buchi, then the 945.

out of this collection ive got/had

yonex ezone

perosnal 1

af- tour.

yururi flatback (shue NEVER have sold those..grrrr..!!!)

tourstage 905.

masda

crazy

miura.

ive been secretly eyeing of the honmas and the fourteens for a long time.

and the buchis will prob get a bag at some stage in the near furure.

but the srixons for me , just have the size and edges i really like.

if im forgetting some obvous ones post em up and ill pop em in!!!

but remerber NEWish ,so try keep it to i dunno 5 yrs ish??

Edited by supo67

The classic look of the Crazy's have it for me, but the Buchi isn't far behind. Never tried Buchi but I've got a secret crush on those, so they may find their way to my stable if one of you good gentlemen would let yours go ;)

I agree with you S, the Srixon's definitely have some amazing lines, and I've been tempted a few times to pull the trigger, but waiting for someone to give their feedback on these. Anyone know how they feel compared to some of the others on this list? Play long or short (strong lofts per chance)?

Seems to be a lot of new blade offerings that all look pretty tasty, so looks like this thread might live a long and fruitful life for us all :)

i think the prgrs are too long ago 2003-4-5 ish i think..

but iloved the tr 900mds they were in my bag for ages.

first proper set of JDM irons i had

some of the best feeling impacts ive ever had with those. they just ahd too much offset inf the 8-9-pw for my liking

i know someone that can defiantly do a blurb on the srikos..

come on ,out ya come... dont be shy......

Hey, Stew, could you or anybody talk about what those Crazy's are like? Agree they sure look special.

As a lefty, I probably don't get a real vote since almost none of these come in left handed. But if I were right handed, it would be the Epon P2 and the Yururi Flatbacks.

The Crazy blades are a nice set as you would expect. I have actually started playing mine again. I really like them. I like the Buchis and the Masdas more though.

I am a bit anti crazy blades simply because they are almost exact replicas of the Kyoei V Muscles. Extremely small difference in leading edge relief is the only difference.

I think for the premium price you pay for them they should be a little more original.