blade choices of recent times ............

supo

thats pretty true. they are a slightly harder impact than ENDO forgings, which is niether better nor worse, its just what u prefer.

these days i tend to like a bit firmer feel, lets u know when u have flushed it or when u missed it .

they are a slightyl large head. planety of guuush in the muscle.

i had a brilliant week away with these and the epon af tours. played one set each day for 8 days.

i found the epons BLEW these away when the grass was wet and lush and vice versa when it was firn hard and windy.

these flew lower than the af tours , but the tours landed much softer and felt much softer.

loved them both

but taught me never to play the tours back home.

and it was a waste to play these in midsummer here.

rounder soles for thick lush ,, thinner flat for hard.

both are good

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks very much, both of you.

I cant say many negatives about most of these. They really are all good looking blades.

Agree that the Srixons have not had a lot of commentary. I do have a set, but really have not played them enough to write a proper review. I can say that on the limited amount of game time they have had, I really like them. I will post a review once I have played them more, and importantly under a lot of different conditions.

In fact, I will put them in my bag and play them for the next couple of weeks.

Hard to do, as as I have been playing the Masda, Crazys and Buchis. Boy I like all 3, in particular the Masda. I think they are my favourites.

i think the prgrs are too long ago 2003-4-5 ish i think..

but iloved the tr 900mds they were in my bag for ages.

first proper set of JDM irons i had

some of the best feeling impacts ive ever had with those. they just ahd too much offset inf the 8-9-pw for my liking

i know someone that can defiantly do a blurb on the srikos..

come on ,out ya come... dont be shy......

I totally agree with your assessment the fit, finish and feel of the PRGR 900md's was incredible just too much offset for my personal liking. I've been eyeing those Srixon's I've always had good luck with there irons, seem to perform really well in my bags cover the years. Speaking of Srixon the classic Pro100's always a wonderful blade. BB Edited by BigBen

Yeah the pro 100's, a great blade.

And PRGR, how under rated are they as a brand, and not just their irons.

And I forgot, The A Grind just on looks alone

yea the pro100 blades are a great no nonsense perfect blade.

love those.

ive been playng the masdas most of late last year they jumped of the page at me.

not sure if i shated them properly tho, might need to tweek them a bit this season i think.

ahhhhhhhh and i forgot prob the meanest bad assest of them all

the miuraisms!!!!

popped snaps of masdas back up. the miuraisms , the A-grind and the sriko pro100s.

pretty definitive range we got to look at now i think.

just delicious golf !

Edited by supo67

I just love muscle back irons, gamed those Yonex MB's for a full season shafted with now extinct Accra Hybrex iron shafts and to this day kick myself for ever selling that set, dumb! Accra really had something special when they purchased the Hybrex technology and sadly didn't do anything with it, besides poor finish quality man did those shafts flat out perform.

Edited by BigBen

Up until recently the Yonex were my go to blade. I loved them and actually recommended them to a few.

Sadly, they did not live up to the wraps I gave them.

Great to see someone else liking them. I have never played those shafts, so might have to keep my eye out for a set in the future.

Might be just me, but can someone find a bad set amongst these. I cant.

big ben... the day u sold those callaway tour authentics with the c-taper protos, was the day i realsied u were certifibaly

INSANE!!!!!

they are THE best cavities ever.

in all conds. thse extra bounce is just unreal and hte feel is briliant

i have to admit i took the c-tapers out and put them in a set of PRGR tr500s and swapped in a set of NSpro SP blues..

ilove.. love those irons

thse quad dots rule, ive never seen another set of them since

cheers!!!!!

The quad dots!!!! What a great set of irons, totally forgot about those. That's a rare set of sticks, won't see very many floating around made specially for Ernie Els back in the day. I think the beauty of a true muscle back iron is the ultimate simplicity in design, you can dress it up here and there but the basic concept doesn't change.

Edited by BigBen

I like clean and simple so for me:

1. Yonex (lose the ezone stamp and I'd order a set)

2. Buchi

although no longer a blade man, those Fourteens look sexy as hell. Clean lines, the feather, just drop dead beautiful.

the mp4 also great in person.. somehow reminds me of the mp14 and mp33s of old

those mizzies are the nicest design ive seeen for miz

i was considerign putting upa titleist , but the shape of the neck just kills me.

almost put a set ot tw nike up

but

it said

nike. so i was looking for shoes

I am using Epon Af tours couldn't be happier. Such a forgiving blade. Have a set of P1 in the drawer for later.

But I must say I wouldn't mind owning all of those JDM blades..I like the Zodia ones too.

I am using Epon Af tours couldn't be happier. Such a forgiving blade. Have a set of P1 in the drawer for later.

get some p2's for the drawer too, you won't be disappointed ;)

Yeah tempting...P2. Reason they are in the drawer is because they are hidden from my wife. Lol. Four sets of iron is all she will tolerate. But I didn't emotion her collection of shoes and hand bag.....just didn't want to go there.

Edited by Jeffrey Tan

I haven't enjoyed playing a Blade for a few years.

The P2's have solved that. IMO they look incredible sitting in the bag waiting for

you to draw one out... big smile followed by a purred shot... bigger smile.

Just fun to play.

The offset is there but it just seems to melt away.

Looking down at address they seem to setup perfectly. Just feels/looks natural

looking down at the ball being framed.

I am most impressed with the performance. Feel is unmatched.

I start smiling just thinking about them.... I'm worried they have ruined me... I really didn't

think I would be playing a blade right now and getting along so well with them.

The offset is there but it just seems to melt away.

Looking down at address they seem to setup perfectly. Just feels/looks natural

looking down at the ball being framed.

I am most impressed with the performance. Feel is unmatched.

I start smiling just thinking about them.... I'm worried they have ruined me... I really didn't

think I would be playing a blade right now and getting along so well with them.

hi J, did you every play the p1's? i know that one of the biggest negatives about the p1's was the 1 club distance loss....do you see that same loss with the p2's?

hi J, did you every play the p1's? i know that one of the biggest negatives about the p1's was the 1 club distance loss....do you see that same loss with the p2's?

P2S are much much longer than p1. everyone that has had both pretty much confirmed this

P2S are much much longer than p1. everyone that has had both pretty much confirmed this

Thanks C!

Sounds like I am out on my own here but I preferred the P1 over the P2