blade choices of recent times ............

supo

sounds like a ton of fun, and you def got your $$ worth on the course! did you end up with some new fav's after hitting all that gear over the course of only a few days?

His gear is set up so differently than mine that it took nearly a full 9 to start hitting decent shots. The Masdas are spectacular and arguably the only iron worth owning with a Taylormad stamp, the R9 TPs, were beautiful...but the only new fav I can definitively say I have is for NS shafts. Geez Stew has some good ones. I must have annoyed him asking after each shot to sell me some sets of his NS Prototypes. I was really expecting to fall in love with the A-Grind driver but the head is just too light for me and there's no way to make it heavier. It is a looker with good feel though. The Egg drivers were both superb but for me the newer one edges out the older just slightly in looks, feel, and sound. Actually I did fall head over heals for Stew's custom Masda putter. Feel was softer than anything I've played...EVER! Absolutely unreal if you like soft.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so 3 more rounds with the sixon z945 blades. they are shfted with the dg s200 design tuning HCC shafts.

as much as i HATE dg..... i gotta give credit where its due, these play really really damn well.

feel is still muted. but i really gotta say they go good. i got used to them by the end of yesterday, just used to dullness but perfect performance

a very begruding 2 thumbs up, the flight is lower but its fine although the long irons tend to fly pretty damn low. scoring irons tho are terrific.

played on linkjs style course , grass is ultra short and plenty of roll.

very much like my courses back home except for about 2000000000000000 miles of eleveation changes.

grass is almsot exactly the sames stlye.

loving these heads...........

loving them

they are about as close to my perfect style as ive seen

they are like a blade with a tiny bit of forgiveness.

theres a blade fight on for my ichinban bag spot here.!!

• 3 weeks later...

ooooooooooooooooook... ive had enough time with the srixon new model to shed some highs and lows.

first feel..

NOT good enough!

yup, cant beleive it, while its not bad , nor poor , nor anyhting bad, its just

DULL. lifeless. ive got 2 sets one with GDs200 tour issue design tuning, and one with NS 2g18s (modus130s)

both are no where near as enjoyable to hit as my masdas and aftours.

but life not all bout feel!!!!

these perform, the v-sole is a great design, it makes hitting off harder surfaces a joy and clipping it clean wiht a forward lean really drive thru the ball.. there is minimal offset nad lovely looking rounded neck line. frames the ballbeautifully, and the slightyl larger blade head gives you plenty of confidence to hit the shot u envisage.

they are not quite as theatrical as msaller baldes, but thats a good thing, they are like a new model aftour in forgivness and playability, but with a duller feel whichis really quite "weird" bec last yrs model are as soft as a masrshmallow.

flight on these is LOW... oh yea, its low.

i was driing into these eystaerday with the modus130s going waht the ????

i was epxecting a high drop shot, no way these are piercing .

they sit and grip beautifully as well.

was the opposite fo what i was expecting to see, esp with the NS shafts.

and esp as i was using the asme shafts in my idbl prgrs alst week, the diff is unbeleiveable!

cud not have had a better day out thatyesrerday to tet these out.

these are LINKS irons if ive ever hit a set. they wil be my sydney set or hawaii set for sure.

love the heads, love the design, love the flight, but im so confused on the feel.

anyway they are a vastly differnt look to my other blades and a fantastic addition to the roster.

maybe a softer shaft is called for??????????????????????????????????

Kurt its weird.

its not bad.....

no way is it bad

but i dont get that .."oooooooh yea boy" gripping sensation, that im used to getting with my other sets with the same shafts....

but id rate these RIGHT at the top of playing irons.

these IMO are better looking playing set than the yamahas and tourstages that ive played of recent years.

make no mistake these are a terrific set of heads.

i got a cpl of ripsnorters in yesterday that were amgic, but the head was dulled.

i think it might need a differnt set of shafts to heighten the impact a bit.

but im loath to change them as they are.

do i hear 3 sets calling and a set of NS stx ?????

• 3 weeks later...

Been on my rader since realease.

managed to get a trade done for a set of these.......

HONMA TW 717 blades 4-10

virtually no offset t ospeak of. no gose neck and athin top line

these are for scoring!

stock shafts DGs200

not as firm............. in these as others...................

might not even swap them!

head shape ROUNDED. these are very difffernt to other kinds of heads, noticebaly roudned and almost an on-set on the PW. (whiich i love!)

VERY VERY dense impact. soft but dense, how does Spoon put it

FROZEN buttter.

these are scimitars, make no bones about it htey are NOT for generall all purpose use. thye look unreal and they feel unreal. can wait to use them on course, im thinking small greens short courses they will be perfectl matched.

prefered the lok of the new ones but they have too much offset, in compairison, these have NONE.

2 big humbs up

very nice, good insight on the offset diff between those and newer 727 blades. post some address pics, esp that PW??

here we gp some honma vs srixon really realyl poor quality snaps but u can see (hope fully)

the honma base toe is MUCH more rounded thant he srixon which is very flat.

the head shape isnt too dissimilar, but the honma is smaller, and the top line is noticeably thinner.

one made soly for scoring

one mae for hitting every fairway and every green

these are 2 very very differnt blades.

ooooooooooooooooook... ive had enough time with the srixon new model to shed some highs and lows.

first feel..

NOT good enough!

yup, cant beleive it, while its not bad , nor poor , nor anyhting bad, its just

DULL. lifeless. ive got 2 sets one with GDs200 tour issue design tuning, and one with NS 2g18s (modus130s)

both are no where near as enjoyable to hit as my masdas and aftours.

but life not all bout feel!!!!

these perform, the v-sole is a great design, it makes hitting off harder surfaces a joy and clipping it clean wiht a forward lean really drive thru the ball.. there is minimal offset nad lovely looking rounded neck line. frames the ballbeautifully, and the slightyl larger blade head gives you plenty of confidence to hit the shot u envisage.

they are not quite as theatrical as msaller baldes, but thats a good thing, they are like a new model aftour in forgivness and playability, but with a duller feel whichis really quite "weird" bec last yrs model are as soft as a masrshmallow.

flight on these is LOW... oh yea, its low.

i was driing into these eystaerday with the modus130s going waht the ????

i was epxecting a high drop shot, no way these are piercing .

they sit and grip beautifully as well.

was the opposite fo what i was expecting to see, esp with the NS shafts.

and esp as i was using the asme shafts in my idbl prgrs alst week, the diff is unbeleiveable!

cud not have had a better day out thatyesrerday to tet these out.

these are LINKS irons if ive ever hit a set. they wil be my sydney set or hawaii set for sure.

love the heads, love the design, love the flight, but im so confused on the feel.

anyway they are a vastly differnt look to my other blades and a fantastic addition to the roster.

maybe a softer shaft is called for??????????????????????????????????

Gotta be shaft and swing related...

I have the 945 set up with a set of Diamana Thump shafts. Pure arch, not piercing in anyway. Extremely stable flight non the less, much like my Yam Tours '13 were with the same shafts. Very accurate and pretty long to boot. Also, definitely get that smash feel with these.

Great set of forgiving blades in the 945s. I would agree they do not give that sense of fear/demand concentration that the TS909/Miura BB/Compact Blade of choice at address and as such do not impart that same feeling of reward for having delivered a quality stroke to the ball and made it do what you want.

Great set of forgiving blades in the 945s. I would agree they do not give that sense of fear/demand concentration that the TS909/Miura BB/Compact Blade of choice at address and as such do not impart that same feeling of reward for having delivered a quality stroke to the ball and made it do what you want.

Have to agree with this assessment of the fulfillment with blades. So much of the game is mental that the validation of a great shot, not to mention that pure feel of a centered blade, rewards one with the sense of confidence, and it starts to build throughout the round with every shot. I've been gaming my Flatbacks lately because of this very reason.

Steve, it was the shafts/ (combo ??>??? ),which is was very strange considering ive got the same identical shafts in my IDBL and they are my top clubs, the differnce was rediculous.

so i put an NS St x in the 6iron last wekend to try out , play weight about 110 grams, differnce was enormous!

gettign the rest of the set shafted as we speak. much much better suited

the DG s200 they come with are perfect as they are truth be told. no need to swap them out except for feel

i just love NS shafts.

so now got a set of DG and a set of NS hopefully they will be ready for this wekeend and i can play both

Well...I gotta throw these in the mix, mostly because I never thought I'd say it. The Epon P2s are pretty amazing. Looking at their specs pre release and I ruled them out due to their offset. After the irons made their way into people's hands, everyone kept saying that the offset specs don't match what they're seeing at address. Well, I'll go one further and say not only do they look to have less offset than claimed, they play as if they have less offset as well. Total surprise for me...

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh my garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd.

what the frack are those?????

u know i have the bee caddy bag and shafts!

if I recall, these were an uber limited release and TSG only got a couple sets, this one and another really cool design. Did these ever get re-released, Chris? they look fantastic, wonder how they perform...

The head and design itself is the new Zodia MB.

Roddio commissioned 100 sets from Zodia and 100 from Miura. We have both right now.

Gonna hold onto these for a little bit and will post pics of the Zodia version shortly.

Works of Art or a mess?

no offence Chris, but Its totally a mess from a designer point of view, .........