YES! Take this over the Merc, right Chris?

On a related note, anyone slightly saddened by the fact that you can't get many of these super cars in a standard manual transmission anymore? I mean I get it, no way the avg human can shift as fast as a dual clutch operated by a computer, but if I owned one of these bad boys, I probably wouldn't be spending that much time on the track, and more so driving through canyons and mountain roads where having a manual clutch and transmission is 100% more fun!

Launch control is pretty crazy and novel, but dumping the clutch at high rpm for launch is so much more engaging!

Edited by needmoregolf

YES! Take this over the Merc, right Chris?

On a related note, anyone slightly saddened by the fact that you can't get many of these super cars in a standard manual transmission anymore? I mean I get it, no way the avg human can shift as fast as a dual clutch operated by a computer, but if I owned one of these bad boys, I probably wouldn't be spending that much time on the track, and more so driving through canyons and mountain roads where having a manual clutch and transmission is 100% more fun!

Launch control is pretty crazy and novel, but dumping the clutch at high rpm for launch is so much more engaging!

In a heartbeat! you can get the 911 GTS in manual and that is just one step down from the GT3.

ooh... ooh... ooh...

I'm sure it has paddle shifters, most Porsche automatics do

Paddle shifters are fun for a bit, and the throaty automatic blip of the throttle to rev match adds some sensory cues, but nothing like the feel and full control of a manual clutch and blipping the throttle yourself, IMO.

Edited by needmoregolf

In a heartbeat! you can get the 911 GTS in manual and that is just one step down from the GT3.

I think I'd rather take a 2012 Porsche GT3 4.0 RS in manual...now if I could only pony up the $450k it'll take to pry one away from one of those lucky owners!

That is a beautiful car but it has way too much power for me.....ive seen guys who can drive and I'm not one of them.....in terms of good drivers, i don't even think I'm average....haha i used to think i was a race car driver !!!! But reality has set in after crashing a few Porsches in my younger days and I'm a even worse driver today than i was back then !

* Im saving my pennies for a daily cruiser like the Ferrari California, not too fast but supposedly very reliable daily driver if needed

California has 53 more hp than this thing also it's a turbo now :(

I've been in a couple wrecks myself and have a fear of speed so when I go shopping for a car I go exterior first, interior second then sound and build of motor 3rd, track time, 0-60 it's all for nothing if you don't drive on the track.

Exotics are a pain imo, people standing around your car when you come out of the store, d**ks on the road cut you off, can't trust valet, parking is a pain and 2500 mile per year leases are no fun either.

HAHA.....you thought i was buying a new one......im not even eligible to buy from a dealer......im a preowned type guy !!!!

* im not afraid of speed haha I'm just not a great driver......its like I'm not scared of a 240 yard tight lie carry over water, haha i just can't pull it off most of the time !!!!! : )

Edited by robbie