Honma TW727P Forged Irons

I posted the 460 driver and now the iron set that would match it:

Today we will dive deep into the Tour World TW727P Forged Iron, It's the most forgiving of the TW727 line up designed for more distance and to be easier to hit. It's got a thicker top line than the rest not to mention a larger head size

So there are 4 models of irons in the TW727 series and as the most forgiving of the bunch it's still not an iron I would put in the Game Improvement category which is usually reserved for the larger headed multi piece distance focused irons, this TW727P is still a forgiving players iron that I consider full mid sized. If you need sharp looks with lots of carry and forgiveness and generally play to a mid to low handicap with an eye for a bit more heft in your cavity back these are an option you should consider.
A little bigger than the 717 version they have also enlarged the sweet spot, the offset has also been increased slightly making it even more easy to hit, it's two piece cavity features a nice deep undercut unlike the rest of it's 727 family. Long irons have a thinner face for more carry and the design is made to send the ball with a higher launch to cover more distance. the mid irons are 2.7mm face thick for better spin performance and as you move into the #11 and SW those don't have any undercut yet still have the forgiveness factor.
Honma has revised the sole grind on the 727 series and describes it as clean-cutting, it's more curved with slightly wider form across all models this helps the player in so many ways from sliding through the turf easier to making cleaner contact.
the semi gooseneck is evident and it helps square the face for straighter shots, looking at the design and it's materials it's made fantastically It's a 2 piece structure head the body is Soft Forged while the face is high strength maraging stainless steel. They CNC milled the cavity into the Forged Body creating it's pocket and increasing the MOI while lowering the CG
I need to get to my impressions as I have hit this iron: It's really nice! about 2 clubs longer than my traditionally lofted players CB's but also it has a different type of feel, the vibration that runs up your hands is dense while the sound at impact has a little click to it due to the stainless face. so dense clicky is how I would sum up feel and distance + 2 clubs over my current irons, the launch is not all that high it's still for the better player actually this one is easy to suggest to a female athlete player or a low handicap senior player as there is a lot of accuracy that comes from this design. Forgivness was almost point and shoot, it's not automatic like game improvement irons but it's getting near so it's a nice blend of both worlds.
I found the #3 iron to be a gem off the tee box, I don't think a driving iron is necessary here as if you like to hit long irons off the tee these are so much fun and reliable, I'm not used to hitting clubs this forgiving so these were a pleasant surprise and they don't look gaudy or massive either, right at the edge for me I think this is the biggest I could game.
Also TSG can add a pretty intense look to it with Honma Sakata Factory Black Nickel Finish added to it. I could only imagine what that would look like shafted up with the Vizard IB105 Carbon + Metal fiber shafts.

TW727P:

XF5A7330-Edit-Edit.jpg

XF5A7337-Edit.jpg

XF5A7343-Edit.jpg

XF5A7358-Edit-Edit.jpg

XF5A7364-Edit.jpg

XF5A7328-Edit-Edit.jpg

XF5A7320-Edit-Edit.jpg

I've hit these. They re very good. However I feel with some minor changes to the toe shape and a reduction in offset they could have had one of the best irons on the market. People want forgiveness in a traditional head shape, and these are just a little awkward looking to cross over to players after a more traditional look.

Forgiveness compared to the onoff forged irons?

Much more forgiving than ONOFF forged but they don't feel anywhere as soft.

I've hit these. They re very good. However I feel with some minor changes to the toe shape and a reduction in offset they could have had one of the best irons on the market. People want forgiveness in a traditional head shape, and these are just a little awkward looking to cross over to players after a more traditional look.

TW727 "VN" would be your ticket, have you hit those?

Much more forgiving than ONOFF forged but they don't feel anywhere as soft.

TW727 "VN" would be your ticket, have you hit those?

I hit the V which I think is probably the right one for me. I just felt that they could put the P cavity design, in a larger version of the V shape. Make sense?

The IB shaft is fantastic.