Golfing Singapore and JDM lovers with Tsgers

HI

I travel a fair bit and spent the last 5 years travelling between Hong Kong and Australia. Now I doing that but from Singapore. The JDM presence though small in Australia...there are a few of us spread over the vast country.

I noticed the JDM scene in singapore is not as big as in HK. Most people don't know about brands other than the Majors...Mizuno, Honma, Bridgestone...maybe PRGR and Miura has a presence here...that's about it. The US brands seem to dominate. It's surprising as we are in the heart of SE Asia. The golf shops here are totally uninteresting...nothing like what Chris has to offer...

But I know that there are a few you TSgers out there from Singapore. Maybe just drop us a line on this forum to say Hi...and shoot the breeze on JDM chit chat.

Cheers

Jeff

Hello Jeff! Good day to you!

I do agree that JDM golf equipment is not popular in Singapore due to the price and also the lack of advertisements. There are many other reasons why JDM is not gaining any popularity. If I'm not wrong, I think TSG has appointed somebody in Singapore to carry maybe some or all of their products. You can do a check.

I'm for sure a guy that loves JDM golf equipment but I usually get those pre-owned.

I love the feel, looks and forgiveness as I'm not a good player.

Due to work, I have to travel between Singapore and Thailand and most of my golf games happened in Thailand.

Though sometimes I golf in Singapore (having a game tomorrow at MBGC), I still prefer golfing in Thailand largely due to the fact that I can walk the 18 holes with caddy.

I always play better in Thailand...

For JDM golf equipment to do better in Singapore, best way is to organize demo days in as many golf clubs as possible from time to time.

It will definitely be very costly to do so but to popularized it, I can't think of any other better way.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

What got me into JDM scene is RYOMA Type V Driver.

So many positive comments that made me took a bite and I still have not let it go till today!

Now I got 2 Ryoma Drivers and a Ryoma 3 Wood.

Hunting for a Ryoma Utiltiy (U3) now...

Maybe form a JDM craze group for a regular get together...

Happy golfing!

KC

HI bkkgolfer

I found a couple of shops in Far East Shopping centre. There are some JDM used clubs there ie Epon, Ryoma, Romaro..tec...however te prices for the used clubs hardly make it worth while. Might as well buy new.

And Bangkok golf is excellent...cheap and plenty of courses.

Maybe next time you are around we can get a game at MBGC.

Isn't JDM funny first you look from the outside and say WOW... never...then you try one and get sucked into the vortex lol and transform your equipment.

Cheers

Jeff

Hello Jeff! Good day to you!

I do agree that JDM golf equipment is not popular in Singapore due to the price and also the lack of advertisements. There are many other reasons why JDM is not gaining any popularity. If I'm not wrong, I think TSG has appointed somebody in Singapore to carry maybe some or all of their products. You can do a check.

I'm for sure a guy that loves JDM golf equipment but I usually get those pre-owned.

I love the feel, looks and forgiveness as I'm not a good player.

Due to work, I have to travel between Singapore and Thailand and most of my golf games happened in Thailand.

Though sometimes I golf in Singapore (having a game tomorrow at MBGC), I still prefer golfing in Thailand largely due to the fact that I can walk the 18 holes with caddy.

I always play better in Thailand...

For JDM golf equipment to do better in Singapore, best way is to organize demo days in as many golf clubs as possible from time to time.

It will definitely be very costly to do so but to popularized it, I can't think of any other better way.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

What got me into JDM scene is RYOMA Type V Driver.

So many positive comments that made me took a bite and I still have not let it go till today!

Now I got 2 Ryoma Drivers and a Ryoma 3 Wood.

Hunting for a Ryoma Utiltiy (U3) now...

Maybe form a JDM craze group for a regular get together...

Happy golfing!

KC

We haven't appointed anyone in Singapore at all. Can't find a dealer we can trust if anyone has suggestions our ears are open :)

Greetings from Singapore... JDM is indeed expensive here. My foray started when I was looking for a new set of irons, choosing between miura and peon but finally got a set of George spirits mono. Then it was the syard xv driver followed by fairway woods. Next was a RC hybrid and last but not least yururi tataki wedges. My only 2 clubs not jdm are a vokey 60deg wedge and putter.

The changes to my set has paid off for my game, cut at least 4-6 strokes. I do not really change clubs too often but I'm really intrigued by the onoff kuro irons. And modart ds driver.

Hi aeru

Nice set up.George spirits any yuyuri be rare here too.

Yeah Jdm sucks you slowly into its vortex...then you are convert..

The Modart would be interesting.

Cheers

Edited by Jeffrey Tan