Berttinardi Putter Signature 6 vs 9

shintajay

Last year I puchased the signature 6. This year I purchased the 9 Here is my take:

SS6

Pro: Compact, cavity fames the ball equally - ball with cut out. Like the face etching better.

Con: Top line not straight on both sides, inside curved out, harder to align quickly. Not very forgiving for a mallet putter.

SS9

Pro: Straight top line. Looks even smaller than the 6 but its really the same size. Like the rear cut out. More forgiving than the 6.

Con: The middle cutout does not frame the ball (not the same size like the 6).

Both: Fit and finish are outstanding. The swing weight on the 6 is E2 and the 9 is D6. Might be the same weight as I ordered the 9 with a mid size grip. The stainless Steel does not scatch as easlier than the carbon model I am replacing.

Berttinardi makes some amazing putters. No one I play with knows about this brand, they think its a Mizuno knock off.

post-14637-0-33280300-1426711950_thumb.j

post-14637-0-39810700-1426714060_thumb.j

Edited by shintajay

No one knows Betti? I think they are from another planet. :)

Beautiful putters!

I have a signature 8, which is a classic Newport shape. I prefer the non insert models feel myself. DASS. One piece technology

They look the part! That 6 has got my attention!

How is the feel difference, fit face vs non fit face?

Yes to me there is a feel difference. The FIT face produces a faster ball speed off the face. Good on slow green not so much so on fast greens. The FIT also sound very matellic, like a click. The non-FIT has a softer feel (to me)

Everyone is different and that's why we have all these choices! :)

I feel just the opposite. The fit face feels extremely soft to me vs non fit face.

I seem to get a much better roll with the fit face. The ball doesn't skid as much for me.

The ball just seems to hug the line better for me.

Edited by Baddmnkey

I feel just the opposite. The fit face feels extremely soft to me vs non fit face.

I seem to get a much better roll with the fit face. The ball doesn't skid as much for me.

Same here Fit felt softer with better roll and I noticed distance with the same stroke was just a little less.

+1

• 2 months later...

Okay after a few months of use. I have a better handle on which I like better.

The winner is SS6.

In actual use, I would agree that the insert has a softer feel. I thought it was harder but after playing it does feel softer. This putter after adjustments is much easier to line up. I think it help with the extended back. The putter head is also heavier and allows a smoother stroke. The ball does not travel as far with the same stroke as the 9 but it does roll clean. The feel is the closest to my custom putter from Whitlam (I like the little dog better but I cannot get the distance control dialed in on slower greens). So now the SS6 will be my main putter with the little dog for fast greens breaking greens.

The SS9 ball rolls out farther. And does not feel as soft. The other issue I had was aligning on putts. I sort of adjusted to the wider back end but for some reason I cannot consistently line up quickly (so I miss short putt edging the holes). Maybe need more time with it but for now will just store it for future use.