Yamada Musashi (Handmade Smoked series) finally the hunt is over..

jonbev78

I have been on what it felt like a worldwide Global search recently for a putter that has been on my wish list for quiet sometime.. The Handmade YAMADA Musashi. This boy is a tough one to find! Cut a long story short she is on her way to me tomorrow, coming from Europe.

Yamada Musashi Handmade (smoked series)

post-15866-0-15243600-1428336554_thumb.j

post-15866-0-85198200-1428336568_thumb.j

Edited by jonbev78

Haha, the hunt is never over, just another item to cross off your list......

Thanks. I would have prefered the Burning copper but due to the rarity of these now i had snatch it. Still looks the business in smoked

finish.

Next on my list is the ZEN..

Nice, I like the smoked finish!

Good next choice. I may send something I already own to Gold's just for something to do...but the Zen quickly ended my putter search. I haven't wanted or even putted with anything else since day one with her. In fact, I sold my Burning Copper Yamada the next day!

I think the Musashi is the same as the 85029? At least it looks like my burning copper 85029

I think the Musashi is the same as the 85029? At least it looks like my burning copper 85029

I think you're right stevo, and that is what confuses me most about Yamada sometimes. All great names, but wish he stayed consistent w/ them throughout the years as there are many models that have different names based on time period they were released, neck style or even a combination of the two (i.e. - Wide Blade is the same as the Sumo but some say Goose while others do not when it's a plumbers neck). I also have an older Ibushi 85029 so I think the 85029 denotes more of the head style while the name is, well, just a name?

Staying on the topic tho, love the Musahi/85029, and have been looking for one myself. I think stevo beat me out in the eBay auction for that sweet burning copper one ;) haha

Lousifers-

A new Mushashi?

Wow if true

I have got a Yamada Emperor II machine milled putter, does handmade feels a lot better than machine milled or they are about the same? Also does Burning copper feels even softer? Wondering if I should hunt for a handmade burning copper...

C, you can try our burning copper when or if it ever come. It has been almost 2 months now.