Anyone try this shaft? Compare to the Basileus AAA 2015?

Mjr. D

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.nipponshaft.co.jp/&prev=search

Sorry link doesn't work. Pic added.

Edited by Mjr. Diarrhea

Just ordered a couple of these MB shafts.

Hope to compare it against AAA.

Just hit mine on the range with hard rock balls last night.

Can't compare to AAA as I've not hit it (and doubt I will ever) but MB is very active tip (reminds me a lot on roddio) and very very stable. Will take it out to the real world this weekend and see how much roll I'm getting with this shaft. So far initial impression.... IMPRESSIVE !!

Shaft do play slightly stiffer to flex. I order mine in the 60gram range in regular flex and it CMP slightly stiffer than my Quadra 55g stiff

I read somewhere that the blue Regio mimics the Modus 120 the red Regio M is like the Modus 130 and the new MB is the Modus 125 from an overall shaft profile/concept perspective.

I do hope it’s not too high launching with the active tip. I got the 65S for a driver and 75S for a 3 wood. a bit lighter than my usual selections but i am hoping the better material will create more stability with the lighter models.

Can't wait to try them out!

Edited by nobmontana

Is it 80t or 90t?

Actually both!! :) 80T full length plus 90T on the butt end of the shaft.

I owned the original Regio and comparing to MB, MB ball flight is slightly lower but more penetrating... Feel wise MB is a lot smoother. Also the head it was shaft in was a Gloire Reserved so everything in this head do tend to go high

Still have the Regio Formula and it is a very underrated shaft. Actually one of my favorites if not my favorite shaft. I feel it kicks pretty hard from the middle. I would also say it plays on the softer side.

Regio Formula needs a bit of tipping and then it plays excellently. Does the MB also play a bit soft to flex

Stiffer to flex....