Uh-oh...look where I stumbled in to!

chiromikey

Kamui Works Ray is hands down the best feeling head I've EVER played and as long as anything. If I hadn't started posting scores I'd never have let it go. And absolutely beautiful to boot...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, if anyone has got one hanging around I'll give the non-conforming version a whirl....

I must confess that I do have the non-conforming KM-200 Air coming but I hear that it is quite different.

Edited by Staxxx

Yep....Tario made me buy a kamui lol. didnt take much persuading though. This one popped the cherry and boy was it good:}

Was my first JDM and the bench mark was set, been searching ever since.

Mikey is right it looks superb and the feel...well never had one that felt as good, V you must hit one of these ;)

Serge...custom spec in cherry red )))) ;)

Yeah, seems it's about time I get/hit one of these

Anyone whose not hitting the ball 300 yds play this shaft? I am 230-250 off the tee with blackout/trpx touale and was totally happy, had decided 7 dreamers could not possibly add anything to its performance but now I wonder.... I could go to Tokyo in Oct it seems.

Chuck, when I saw your post about finding nirvana last week on your course with the Blackout and TRPX, I was going to say congrats. But the ho in me knew this second post might show one day. It's a "sickness unto death," resistance is futile... ;=]

To answer your question though, I'm not a 300 man, but I have no question that the 7d has improved both yardage and accuracy for me in the T388, and then the Blackout with 7D in it has convinced me that I have another driver for life! If I was going to be in Tokyo, I have not the slightest doubt I'd book an appointment at 7D. These guys are for real, and I haven't even had the benefit of the in-person fitting.

Oh, and since Ako-San is taking over my bag lately, I've also "decided " to give his A440 a try, too... ;=]

yo's in ho-dome,

RL

Haha. Yep. There is that. I do sort of think that ho-ing might be slowing.

Nah. That's not true. I discover the pleasure of the Mac blades - and they are magnificent - and within a few weeks I start roaming around looking at other possibilities.

I suppose a fully customized shaft could add to performance. (He writes trying to prop up a rational ploy for an irrational lust). I suspect the trip to Tokyo is inevitable. I mean, it's on the flight path to India so what's a guy to do?

ps: I noticed your A Grind migration. Wedge comments in particular caught my eye. All these great clubs. Good Lord there is some quality stuff coming out of Japan. I keep wondering how all these (presumed) boutique shops pay the bills. Obviously, most do.

Edited by chuck4golf

Haha. Yep. There is that. I do sort of think that ho-ing might be slowing.

Nah. That's not true. I discover the pleasure of the Mac blades - and they are magnificent - and within a few weeks I start roaming around looking at other possibilities.

I suppose a fully customized shaft could add to performance. (He writes trying to prop up a rational ploy for an irrational lust). I suspect the trip to Tokyo is inevitable. I mean, it's on the flight path to India so what's a guy to do?

chuck, you're done.., might as well get your specs in for a FW 7d shaft too ;)

think the airfare and hotel you'll save on by not having to go back...well worth the price of the FW! lol

Edited by needmoregolf

Yeah, I know it's inevitable. I'm already a little embarrassed when people ask me about the driver (almost every round with strangers.) and the 'what's its cost.' Wait'll the number adds another $1500. I'll have to say something like it cost 'the price of a condo in Memphis' or something.

Boys, if I get a FW 7 D, then I authorize you to have me committed. I'm a psychologist by training, and I know crazy when I see it. Me getting a FW 7 D, that right there is crazy. (Hope I don't have to walk that proclamation back! Somehow strikes me as the famous last words of a desperate man.)

I agree, we should at least wait until Michael reviews the 7D fwy...

;=]

• 4 months later...

swing by osaka in a few days. Now that the frenzy over 7D is about a year old, is it worth the $$$ ? I mean there are top end shafts ( i use diamana x & adila rogue 125msi tour ) at half the 7D price.

Thks !

swing by osaka in a few days. Now that the frenzy over 7D is about a year old, is it worth the $$$ ? I mean there are top end shafts ( i use diamana x & adila rogue 125msi tour ) at half the 7D price.

Thks !

Yeah, good thought. Although I must say that when you consider that they custom make a shaft only for you, the way it's made and the quality and the presentation box it comes in, it could almost be called affordable. That this personal service/process only cost double the amount of money that a mass produced shaft that they send out in a flimsy "condom" is pretty special. I'm thinking 7D actually makes quite a bit less money per shaft than Aldila or Mitsubishi does

It all comes down to whether you believe in the stuff or not.

I have no regrets that I got one. Only problem is that I now want more of these!