Uh-oh...look where I stumbled in to!

chiromikey

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unless I played the Diamana X in one of your Eggs, I've never played it and can't compare.

What I can say so far is that this feels like an X flex but it's way smoother and I don't feel a specific high, mid, or low kick point like I do on other shafts. The whole shaft works seamlessly together. It has a MUCH later release than anything I've played but it releases extremely fast. I feel like most S flex shafts unload too late or even too early if my tempo is off but many X or above don't load enough then unload too early to deliver full power. This one loads really well for X and unloads very late but delivers everything all at once at exactly the right time in my swing. It's a totally different feeling than anything I've ever experienced.

Very well put!

Thank you for the feedback!

Just a quick update since I had a little fun this weekend. I think I sent a playing partner into a tailspin...

So I'm playing our club skins game on Sunday. It's handicapped by index and tee box and they try to keep you grouped with similar level players so your foursome is hitting from the same tees. This means we typically play with the same guys. I haven't been playing as much for the last year because my game had dropped off and I hadn't really been competitive when I did play. There's only a handful of guys that can out drive me and I got got paired with one that has been about 10+ yards past me since my long slump began. So for the entire front nine all I'm hearing is how he's not getting any roll because the the fairways have been over watered. Then on the back he keeps changing out his balls saying he must have got a bad sleeve of Pro-V1 Xs. They're duds he says! I guess this is what happens when you turn the tables on a guy that' only remembers out driving you for a while. I was routinely 10-15yds past him and on two bombs over 30yds longer. That reward was worth more than the payout at the end!!!

Great story. Next time let him try one of your Pro V1 ha ha.

Lol, it probably made it worse that I play Taylormade balls!

Get a box of the Vice Revolver balls as it says on the aim line on the ball "NEVER OUTGUNNED" and flip him one of those as you walk off the tee box after smashing one clearly past his ;)

Sound great Mikey and the look on your buddy's face must have been priceless when you pulled the trigger for the first time.

Is the flight and roll exactly what you want and had dialled in during the fit, so guess am asking apart from the obvious distance gain that sound tremendous and the perfect timing and release for your swing....Is this the pinnacle of shaft performance and custom fit for you.

How does it respond on a bad swing if you have had one yet that is. :)

Fantastic review so far anyway man. Look forward to more.

It's exactly what I wanted and asked for, straight ball flight, a low-mid trajectory, and barely enough spin to maintain flight without any ballooning that rolls out as much as possible. I've had plenty of bad swings since I got used to the shaft, swings that I would have hooked left into big trouble with any other shaft and the worst miss I've had in 3 rounds is the rough.

Wild swing in the rough and that's it....Wow, man that must be so confidence building, no fear of major trouble must clear the mind and allow you to swing freely.

Nice one bro, glad its in the echelons of all time best.

It's like cheating. Not even my best swing and I still win the long drive contest in a 4man scramble tourney this morning!

• 1 month later...

The two most recent Haute Fittings we lined up for clients were both told Ryoma Maxima Special Tune is the longest on the 7D.

I'm tempted because I had a hard time controlling that head like I do the ZY-11 but I know for a fact 7D produces extremely straight and stable shafts that fly on the lower side so combine that with the high launch of the special tune and it could be special.

The two most recent Haute Fittings we lined up for clients were both told Ryoma Maxima Special Tune is the longest on the 7D.

I'm tempted because I had a hard time controlling that head like I do the ZY-11 but I know for a fact 7D produces extremely straight and stable shafts that fly on the lower side so combine that with the high launch of the special tune and it could be special.

So 7D is making suggestions on heads now?

Would you say the Maxima Special Tune and ZY-11 are neck and neck for you Chris?

Gday Serge

Best non con driver, in fact best driver I ever hit is the kamui ray, fully hand made and specs are all selected from face, lie, exact loft and weight, also fade or draw bias. Even colour.
I am gona get another and go full circle.
Thats the sect advice I can give on a driver, conforming or non conforming. Its like saying you like cars without ever owning an alpha, same with JDM drivers if you haven't had a kamui then you haven't had a true JDM driver ;)

Would you say the Maxima Special Tune and ZY-11 are neck and neck for you Chris?

I don't have a 7D in my Maxima, my favorite driver is ZY11 and second fav is Blackout both with 7Ds.

LOL, I don't want control.....I want raw distance!!

Gday Serge

Best non con driver, in fact best driver I ever hit is the kamui ray, fully hand made and specs are all selected from face, lie, exact loft and weight, also fade or draw bias. Even colour.

I am gona get another and go full circle.

Thats the sect advice I can give on a driver, conforming or non conforming. Its like saying you like cars without ever owning an alpha, same with JDM drivers if you haven't had a kamui then you haven't had a true JDM driver ;)

This is really interesting stuff, have held the Ray several times and always thought it looked really excellent. Never pulled the trigger though, even when stumbling across some truly great deals and head-shaft combos..