ryoma d1 maxima type g questions….

zzoggie

hey guys,

I'm new here! i got sold on tsp's review on the d1 max & bought a 2nd hand ryoma d1 max type g and wanted to ask some advice from you guys:

- why are japanese drivers longer? does it really help with distance? tried using a few sample jap drivers at 46-47 inch and can't hit for nuts.

I'm currently using a titleist 913 d2 (stock bassara, regular 50g) with 50" shaft which works good but not great ! main issue is that the ball launches high but has no run on it….and distance wise is avg.

- i read on tsg that the d1 max type g works for 46.5 inch but can i trim the shaft down to 45?

- with the specs on the d1 max & shaft, would i get what i want + 15 yds?

tq for your replies in advance...

post-17341-0-97771100-1430135906_thumb.j

post-17341-0-58405400-1430135911_thumb.j

post-17341-0-63794800-1430135915_thumb.j

Did I read this right? You are playing a 50" Titleist driver? The 46.6" type G is based on stock shaft or stock spec. Type G is lighter than type D or V hence a longer stock shaft to balance it swing weight of D0 or D1. However you can change the head weight by using the weight port or using weight pin on shaft to play at short length. All you need is to find a good fitter to build you a club to fit your swing.

The speeder in the picture is not stock so cannot say whether it would give you 15 yards. Distance is a function of many factors.

Cutting your shaft down might help as the ryoma maxima has a short hosel depth which means a more active tip. Another solution would be to try a shaft with a more firm tip so you get more stability. good luck in your search, your entry into this JDM world will likely mean you'll be trying A LOT more shafts in your future ;)

Cutting the existing shaft down by 1 1/2 inch would mean reducing the swing weight by 8-9 points assuming you are starting out at D1. My own preference is around D0 to D2. Off topic a little about jdm club measurement. My club fitter always say his measuring length result of a stock Jdm club is always 1/2 inches longer than the stated spec. My new driver purchase from Japan has the stated spec at 46" but measured by my club fitter at 46.5". Anybody else that ?

Depends where/how they measure from.... Most JDM measure below the grip line area (which is about 0.5")

thks guys for all the info.

i meant 50grams weight shaft haha. I'm on a stock 45 inch titleist 913 d2 regular flex shaft. I've been sifting through the forum and just realised that the d2 max has a high ball launch ( much like my current driver now) and some of the members here didn't get the roll they were expecting; distance & ball roll were two reasons why i jumped on the ryoma d1 max.

will be experimenting a ton of shafts haha, guess thats the fun of building a driver that works for u. based on my specs, any advice on what other shafts might work for me? crazy?

if i do end up cutting the shaft, does it affect the overall performance of the type g head and should i add more weights?

thks again for all advice….

thks guys for all the info.

i meant 50grams weight shaft haha. I'm on a stock 45 inch titleist 913 d2 regular flex shaft. I've been sifting through the forum and just realised that the d2 max has a high ball launch ( much like my current driver now) and some of the members here didn't get the roll they were expecting; distance & ball roll were two reasons why i jumped on the ryoma d1 max.

will be experimenting a ton of shafts haha, guess thats the fun of building a driver that works for u. based on my specs, any advice on what other shafts might work for me? crazy?

if i do end up cutting the shaft, does it affect the overall performance of the type g head and should i add more weights?

thks again for all advice….

Try cutting from the tip end to lower the flight and tighten things up.

Go with a weight kit if you want a heavier swing weight, but also keep in mind heavier weights will soften the way the shaft tip plays as well.

thks for the tip :)