No balls about it

bankbank

Since we are most willing to shell out $$$ for a lot of niceties in the jdm world, I was hoping to know which balls are being used around here and why? Are you using cheapies, used balls or jdm only? I tried the phyz and brill balls before, never really my preference. My normal gamers are the z-star xv by the way, after a long time pro v1x user.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes balls indeed...Tried them all just about and never really concerned what I play in practice.

One the comp days I will always break a new sleeve out though.

Pro V1X & V1 or Epon F series depending on soft or firm conditions are (greens).

Used a sleeve of vistas once and was very surprised at how good those are, in fact they were superb and cost half the price of a genuine premium ball.

Probably gona give them a run in the future so I can stick to the same ball in practice and tornys. Will see.

Can't go wrong with the z-stars

Z-stars here too

Taylormade Tour Preferred X is my gamer but ProV-1 X is always a good backup.

Nike RZN Black here.

Totally agree on the nerf quality of the Chromes, bk.

would like to try the new chrome soft as well... hope the extremely low compression does not compromise ball speed though

I played the Wilson Duo (softest compression ball I know of) for one hole. Felt amazingly soft off the driver and every bit as long as any premium ball. Hit my 9 iron on the next shot and turned to my buddy screaming "where the f**k did that go?". He looked at me puzzled and said it's going right at the hole where you hit it. It was so soft it felt like my club went right underneath it and I skied it...no feedback whatsoever! Got to a 12 foot put and that thing bounced off my putter like a superball from the grocery store gum ball machine leaving me an 6ft come-backer to save par. It behaves the same way with chips, just launches off the club at super slow swing speeds.

Edited by chiromikey

best jdm ball i've used is the tourstage x-01. Still, i think its a bit too spinny for me.. pro v1 was better for me. Then i went z-star :)

Best for me is Bridgestone B330 series...try it...you will see and feel the difference!

i tried the B330S once, I called it 'Mr. Spin-a-roo-nee'! B330 much different than the S version. Tempted to also try the RX versions as well

Just Checked these out M...Wow they look great, ship to oz for 60 is only $8

Shooter sounds good, would be keen to hear how they go.

I game the Tourstage S100 ball, blue package. I really like it even though it's an older model ball. I tried it on a whim and liked it alot, then to my delight I found them being sold for cheap at several Tokyo golf shops so I bought a bunch of boxes.

I also really like the Kasco Dual Mode X. The "S" version is also good for more spin. The Dual Mode is also an older model, but still sella at a premium price so it's obviously still considered a great ball by many. Also, the Kasco Silicone Power is still a great ball