No balls about it

bankbank

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This part in that article is very interesting:

"All of the balls are manufactured in Taiwan by the same company (not named in the suit) with a cast, aromatic urethane cover at the approximately same thickness and hardness."

I wonder if "all of the balls" include Titleist as well? It certainly makes you think more about the differences between the various balls on the market and ultimately the manufacturing vs. marketing that happens behind the scenes...

After 3 rounds the Vice Pro Plus ball is in great shape. Cover has no ugly marks. At this price point these are a good value. post-15908-0-80369500-1432317963_thumb.jpost-15908-0-18339000-1432317981_thumb.j

Titleist builds their balls in a factory in Massachusetts.

According to them it speeds prototypes and testing. Also controls quality.

Not my words. Theirs..

I might have to try the Vice and the Snell to see if I can tell a difference.

I ordered more Vice just in case. Love this ball. I ordered some Snell's as well. It will take Snell 9 days from order to deliver. 31.99 for a dozen with free delivery. I have 6 dozen Pro V1s now gathering dust. I may never stop playing Vice.

any discernable difference between the pro and the pro plus? Like the difference between v1 and v1x? gonna order some tomorrow. thnx!

Finished my week's testing and have decided on the Pro+. It's longer than the Pro, and I also like the feel better for putting. Nice spin around the greens too. It not only measures up to the RZN Black, I like it better. And while soft in feel, the cover isn't cutting and scuffing like I find this year's Nike doing -- big plus for me -- I used one ball for the whole round yesterday.

Finished my week's testing and have decided on the Pro+. It's longer than the Pro, and I also like the feel better for putting. Nice spin around the greens too. It not only measures up to the RZN Black, I like it better. And while soft in feel, the cover isn't cutting and scuffing like I find this year's Nike doing -- big plus for me -- I used one ball for the whole round yesterday.

great feedback R, I used a 2015 RZN Platinum for a few holes last week and I noticed it scuffing and getting cut up pretty easily.

Glad everyone is liking the Vice, good company with good product and biz model :)

More props to you, D, for bringing this company to my attention. Hadn't heard about it before, and really like their whole attitude and service. Can't believe how fast they get stuff to you. Hope the big 'Cushnet doesn't ruin a good thing here...

Same here D, thanks for showing these off! I ordered some of the Pros just to compare but after a round with the Pro+ and a good chipping session yesterday, I think I have those dialed in. Though, one course I play has extremely hard greens, so maybe my gamer is the Pro+ but for that course on dry conditions, a Pro with more greenside spin wouldn't hurt :) Maybe some Tour versions for rainy/soggy days where you don't need the spin? With those prices, hard to pass up :)

Great idea M.

Also want to throw my thanks in to D for bringing the Vice company to my attention.

+1...I am also I big believer in using the right ball for the conditions.

This is great D, thanks for the heads up on this product, still haven't been out for a hit so cant comment yet. Hopefully I can change that this week.

M that logo kills me. I seriously wouldn't be able to hit the ball without laughing occasionally. The blokes I play with already think I am mad enough without spontaneous laughter.

Happy to pass on any good info that I have, and glad those that have tried have found some good new ball options :)

that is an awesome .gif and perfect for a golf ball, M. I think I have to order some too, or perhaps I'll try another pic and we can swap!

Hutch, just rotate the ball so u don't see it when putting or teeing off haha

Haha, you should go with Bruce Lee so you can both see who the boss is at the end of the round ;)

Way of the dragon style.

Sorry MB but I will have a speckled hen on the Bruce. ;)

Edited by hutchy

post-16237-0-38773600-1432446832_thumb.j

Happy to pass on any good info that I have, and glad those that have tried have found some good new ball options :)

that is an awesome .gif and perfect for a golf ball, M. I think I have to order some too, or perhaps I'll try another pic and we can swap!

Hutch, just rotate the ball so u don't see it when putting or teeing off haha

What about the fairway, I would never get to the green??