Elite grips

Becoming a big fan of the elite grips and considering ordering a couple more in white, but wondering if the white will absorb a lot of dirt and dark fingerprints. some brands have white grips that are resilient to getting real dirty and are easily cleaned while others seem more porous and once they absorb some dirt or get dark fingerprints, they are impossible to clean. anyone try white in these (putter grips especially)?

I've got 2 ib67 putter grips in red and blue and while they are soft and tacky, I don't notice them holding dirt due to the darker color. the op80 I have in orange seems similar as well. Great grips with the added weight for a more balanced feel and ultimately smoother stroke -- I've abandoned all my super strokes for these!

on a related note, can the elite iron grip players out there please offer your experiences with them and let me know what model you're using?? they're pricy but loving the putter grips so much I'm considering getting some iron grips as well to try, but they have so many models I'm totally confused as to which one I should get. for reference, I love ndmc, perfect pro cord and muziik dry compound grips. thanks in advance guys :)

Think I can help here D, or at least give my opinion for what that is worth.

Been playing the elite series for a while now, have tried them all....just about. For me these are the best grips for all round usability and easy to maintain. very tacky when they warm up. and as we both like...great in the looks department

Currently using the RS 50 for putter on my zen and golds, use the athlete A50 on the irons. Use a mixture of dark and light grips on different sets and wedges, I find that the absorption of grease and grime from the hands to the grip a big negative when it comes to using light grips. In the past I have steered away from light or white grips for this reason.

I don't use a glove now, the elite athletes have more than enough tack not to use, one of my pet hates was removing the glove every time I was on the green, so the elites are great in that respect, back to the point in question....These grips are without doubt the best when it comes to (keeping clean) like I said I don't use a glove so my grips tend to dirty a bit quicker.

After about 10 rounds I always give the gear a good clean and oil (heads & shafts) at the same time I give my grips a clean, bit of soap in warm water and an old toothbrush. They look and feel like new again.

Almost forgot to say they are the longest lasting grips I have used by a country mile.

Look at the A50 (my choice) and the new Y360S, hearing good things about those.

Dont think you can go wrong with the elite series D, hope this helps in your (grip quest)

So to summarise...durability, looks, feel, swing weight optimisation and easy to maintain, look no further than elite.

Edited by hutchy

Hutchy is right on the money about the Elite grips. They feel great and hold up very well. I also don't use a glove and find the grip to be easy to hold on to and soft enough not to hurt my hands

Hutch and Ash, thanks for the input. I really love the iB67 putter grip and will be ordering more of those, but there are so many choices for the irons, I'm not sure which to start with. Hard to tell the difference between each from just a picture and so-so translation. Maybe I'll just start w/ the ones Hutch recommends and go from there. Wish there was a local distributor so I could try, but going to have to just order a few and give them a go.

Also, just so no one else runs into the same issue as me, if you're going to use the Arccos Golf System (GPS-based data tracking system) with the Elite grips and intend on using the silver cap, you will have to manually drill a hole using a 15/64" drill bit. I started with what I thought would be adequate and started screwing the Arccos sensor in and ended up stripping some of the cheap plastic threading off the sensor tip, so decided to step my way up the entire drill bit set until I found the right size -- 15/64"!! Lost about 1g in weight from the silver cap (originally started as 3g) as well, but the Arccos sensor is 9g itself, so should still offer some nice counterbalance effect to the balance of the whole putter. I'd imagine this would apply to Game Golf sensors as well, as they all seem to have a similar size sensor tip, and they are all made of cheap plastic!

Hopefully this Arccos system works well (I'll start another post once I get some input on that ;)

Edited by needmoregolf

• 1 month later...

I concur with Hutch and Ash on the Elite Grips. I use the A50 or A50 Star. The Star are cheaper, but don't offer the WCS option. I would love to see a heavier plug and have also tried to get CAD drawings of it to have some made but as of yet am unsuccessful.

In many cases the difference between models has to do with the color options and the pattern of the grip. Other differences have to do thickness. The detail on the site usually has measurements and good images to base your pattern choice on.

Yep they are great. you can add a wrap of lead tape on the plug arm for SW adjustments.

I use a 44g weight under the grip on my irons. The max I have been able to achieve with their end cap is 14g before it gets too large... Hence the request for a metal one.

wow...that's heavy man.

Plutonium, osmium, iridium???

Custom turned Balance Certified weights, so brass...

I have been playing Elite in my putters and irons and enjoy the Y360 M60 but I could probably be happy within most grip companies line up, I find most brands have something I can get along fine with.

Elite

Tour-G

Iomic

NO.1

Perfect Pro

All make great rubber.