Refinished Clubs.... Show & Tell.

Hutch

Those are sweet, Hutchy, sweet! Happy Xmas!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chrissy pressies arrived. Thanks to my Wife and girls, Chris...fantastic work buddy thank you. HOHOHO :tsg_smiley_santa:

He likes to call me Chrissy :)

Watch out I have the ability to change your account name from Hutchy to Brianna ;)

These look beautiful, thanks for the clear pics and please keep us updated on wear/feel.

i think Chrissy is short for Christmas......those Modarts look awesome !! wonder what that finish would look like on your Modarts : P

i think Chrissy is short for Christmas......those Modarts look awesome !! wonder what that finish would look like on your Modarts : P

oops! lol I stand corrected. Ok go ahead call me Chrissy for that then!

Thanks chaps. And happy Xmas all.

Chrissy or I could say Mr Kringle....great stocking filler mate ;)....But Brianna, how did you know? I hope my cross dressing antics haven't been spread over the web lol. My wife promised those pics would be deleted.

DM no truer word said...less talking more drinking ;)

Edited by hutchy

Thanks Nob san for looking after me on the TTMs, this build not possible without those.

TSG plated and built, they are perfect. Top job from your team Chris.

Thanks Nob san for looking after me on the TTMs, this build not possible without those.

TSG plated and built, they are perfect. Top job from your team Chris.

I could not use the shaft even if I wanted to... too sturdy for my current swing.

They do look really slick on those Copper P1s! Perfectly matching!

Happy early Christmas to you, Hutchy!

I could not use the shaft even if I wanted to... too sturdy for my current swing.

They do look really slick on those Copper P1s! Perfectly matching!

Happy early Christmas to you, Hutchy!

Nob san...its all about mono zukuri ;) all the best buddy.

Wow !

That's an amazing collection .

They look regal !

I haven't had the pleasure of trying any copper plated irons yet .

Am really looking forward to being able to though .

My favorite creation is my Scotty Buttonback that I sent to BOS. I bought a used Button Back, a black shaft, blue weights and shipped it all to BOS. They did the black polymer on the putter, swapped out the insert for a copper insert, dark blue paintfill, cut the shaft. I'm quite pleased with the results. Not exactly a custom putter, but it was a fun project and it's definitely unique. After 9 months the copper insert is really nicely patina'd and the polymer is still perfect.

post-16510-0-75120900-1449789368_thumb.j

post-16510-0-44800000-1449789385_thumb.j

post-16510-0-26124500-1449789404_thumb.j

It's definitely less clicky which is what I was going for. I was a bit worried it would be mushy but it's not at all. I'm very pleased with how it came out.

• 1 month later...

My favorite creation is my Scotty Buttonback that I sent to BOS. I bought a used Button Back, a black shaft, blue weights and shipped it all to BOS. They did the black polymer on the putter, swapped out the insert for a copper insert, dark blue paintfill, cut the shaft. I'm quite pleased with the results. Not exactly a custom putter, but it was a fun project and it's definitely unique. After 9 months the copper insert is really nicely patina'd and the polymer is still perfect.

attachicon.gifgolf 2.jpg

attachicon.gifgolf 1.jpg

attachicon.gifgolf3.jpg

What was the shaft you used for the putter?

• 3 weeks later...

Process complete. Silver cleaner then left for five days

Cool! It looks very durable. My sulfur method looks real nice first but as soon as you scuff the surface, shiney copper comes out.