Choices, choices: Onoff Kuro or Titleist T-MB

bankbank

Getting rid of some stuff, opening up space for new stuff :)

I was contemplating one of these two. Will probably go with Modus 125 if I'm getting the Onoffs, and the DG S200 Tour Issue for the T-MB.

For those of you who have hit both (I have the Onoff 2013 version, btw), what would you recommend in terms of the following parameters:

1. Feel (subjective, I know.. don't hit me)

2. Distance

3. Flight

4. Playability (grind, bounce, etc.)

5. Workability (high, low, left, right)

Would be interesting to see how both of these compare for those who have hit (or have) both.

Thanks a bunch!

I haven't hit the T-MB's, and Lord knows I want to, but I've had the Kuros. I don't think there's any way to beat these for distance if you're only comparing these 2, hands down, Kuro for distance. And for what it's worth, I don't think I've seen a better ball flight and trajectory from a long iron than the Kuro's, thats where those impressed me the most. They are just super duper easy to hit and get great results.

Edited by needmoregolf

I owne the 2013 model as well as hit my friend Kuro... IMO both feels the same apart from the longer irons in Kuro is much easier to get it airborn

Not hit T-MB so can't compare

just hear so many things about these clubs for a year now.. have to dig in!

Just looking at the 2 generations of onoff forged irons, I don't think they are massively different. I don't think they will play so different. Since you already have the 2013 onoff, I would go for the titleist then.

Really hard to choose, The T-MB is on the same level as the Kuro... Amazing performance & feel!

T-MB is really forgiving especially for its size

T-MB feels just awesome for it's SS material

T-MB is long like the Kuros

Tuff Tuff Choice man!

I can't see how the titty can be as easy to hit as the kuros.

Dude, go for T mb, saw one selling at Art of Golf Thaniya the other day. Real nice!

they sure look neat, i know. but my only gripe with it really is that its not forged... im a snob when it comes to it being forged... :(

what did it retail for at AoG?

I can't see how the titty can be as easy to hit as the kuros.

I could not believe it either. They are as easy to hit as the VG3, OK a whisker harder, I have both the Vg3 and the MB now. Couldn't believe it and I am an 8.7 index not a low one like Rich.

6-PW is now MB for me and 4 and 5 iron Vg3.

Haven't tried the Kuro though they looks sweet.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't hit the T-MB's, and Lord knows I want to, but I've had the Kuros. I don't think there's any way to beat these for distance if you're only comparing these 2, hands down, Kuro for distance. And for what it's worth, I don't think I've seen a better ball flight and trajectory from a long iron than the Kuro's, thats where those impressed me the most. They are just super duper easy to hit and get great results.

Just curious, how do you know that they are longer if you haven't hit them ( MB)

I guess it is an assumption on my part, but I just can't imagine any blade being longer than the kuro if length and shaft specs are the same, they were easily one club longer than any blade I have.

I guess it is an assumption on my part, but I just can't imagine any blade being longer than the kuro if length and shaft specs are the same, they were easily one club longer than any blade I have.

T-MB is about 1+ clubs longer than most as well. Distance wise it's a toss up as the T-MB is based on utilities the 712U with its hollow stainless structure.

I can say the T-MB is very forgiving. Length is about the same as the 2014 VG3 which is long as well. A little more penetrating ball flight with the MB's.

Both are the same length and the lofts are the same and identical shafts.

yourpressed will be able to chime in in a couple of days. He plays a set of Kuros this week and has had a set of the T-MB's

stevo... what shafts you have in the TMBs?

i would imagine the Modus3 would be fab in the TMB....

for those who have played both, is it worth upgrading onoff forged 2013, which i play now, to kuros ? Or go for tmb ? Based on the feedbacks here both are just as long & forgiving........but tmb is not forge

stevo... what shafts you have in the TMBs?

i would imagine the Modus3 would be fab in the TMB....

I put Recoils in them. Had Modus X flex in them which were surprisingly smooth. I probably could get along with Modus 3 Stiff

Kuros Staying in the bag?