Docus woods

nobmontana

http://www.docus-golf.com/

Anyone have any info or feedback on their Driver, Fairway and Ute?

The Driver, DCD701 is currently ranked #1 on Rating Gate for swing speeds above 96mph.

The face uses 15-3-3-3 Ti which is known to produce very soft feel at impact.

I know this first hand from using Geek Golf's Failsafe 3 driver for a long time and uses the same material.

Their entire wood line really looks good too. Not sure if I like their Irons or wedges.

I am seriously considering going with this driver for my planned 7D pairing.

post-14163-0-29724100-1432750487_thumb.ppost-14163-0-76318700-1432750545_thumb.ppost-14163-0-75562300-1432750544_thumb.p

My friend started and owns Docus, I told him we would wait a and see before offering the brand.

Still unsure if we want to carry it, rating gate is not exactly a reliable source imo they don't hit everything good heads & shafts and the brands that kiss their ass and send free heads tend to go up on that list.

As far as 15-3-3-3, we can't expect the same material to feel the same as the design plays a big role. My suggestion is find something with DAT55G have you considered Grandista or Nud Ghibli? I've got both and the Grandista while funky performs well.

Thanks Chris.

Have you had the chance to try it?

As far as NUD goes, I asked about the Ghibli about a month ago and you mentioned some paint quality concerns? is that resolved?

All the DAT faced drivers in the past I just could not get along with mostly due to sound at impact.

I would love a DAT faced driver with Epon 103 sound and feel. Another driver I really like from sound and feel is the Yamaha V203

Are there any heads out here that might fit that profile?

Thanks Chris.

Have you had the chance to try it?

As far as NUD goes, I asked about the Ghibli about a month ago and you mentioned some paint quality concerns? is that resolved?

All the DAT faced drivers in the past I just could not get along with mostly due to sound at impact.

I would love a DAT faced driver with Epon 103 sound and feel. Another driver I really like from sound and feel is the Yamaha V203

Are there any heads out here that might fit that profile?

I have the Nud here, paint seems to be always an issue with Baldo. I will shoot pics.

I have just emailed Docus to send everything over to trial, they should thank you for this :)

Keep in mind every driver sounds/feels different even with the same face material. Take Jbeam for example all DAT55G/Special Mix and each one has different nuances.

Thanks, Chris.

You rock!

If the NUD Ghibli feels similar to the VT511, it could be really good.

Looking forward to your reviews on the Docus.

Just searching for a 7D worthy head that performs and also sounds and feels great.

Since you are talking about DAT55, the URA drivers are all made with it. Any idea about them?

post-8082-0-13141700-1432770554_thumb.jp

That looks like the AFD head no? ( AKA Crazy 460 )

post-14163-0-56609400-1432772875_thumb.j

Edited by nobmontana

• 2 months later...

I remember seeing a set of DOCUS irons that looked very special/techy and well made in a 2nd hand shop in Tokyo once. Had me intrigued

I remember seeing a set of DOCUS irons that looked very special/techy and well made in a 2nd hand shop in Tokyo once. Had me intrigued

I will post pics of that iron this week. Not my first choice but yes made in Japan and they do look unique.

I will post pics of that iron this week. Not my first choice but yes made in Japan and they do look unique.

Ok! Looking forward to those pics