Epon Irons

Staxxx

I must have a JDM bug.

I just put up my few months old Callaway Apex irons (with Recoil shafts) for sale at my local Golf Club and am on the hunt for some nice irons. (5 - PW preferred).

Reading so much about Epons, I thought I would try them for the first time. However, blades are too difficult for me to hit, so sorry.

I found the Recoil shaft in stiff too stout and feel heavy with the Apex head for me. I definitely would like something with a little more kick in the Epons. FYI, I have a driver swing speed of 100-104 and a smooth-aggressive swing and transition.

1. Would the Roddio I-6 work for me or are they too light? What weight should I be considering ideally. (I do realize that I may have to work with the shafts that come available at this moment in the sets offered).

2. I do have a set of NS Pro 850 steel shafts (which I pulled off my old OnOff irons) lying around so could possibly consider a set of heads. However, I did like the shift to graphite...

I would love to find something like an R+ or SR if they come that way.

PLEASE PM ME, so I can keep track. And thank you to the FMs and TSG who helped me fill my bag with woods already.

Thanks.

Edited by Staxxx

Have a set of crazy 5-P cavities, just shafted with crazy tour 120 stiff, but soft stepped once. Sounds like would suit. PM if your interested.

With your driver SS, would suggest a I-9 or I-10 Roddio.... However everyone is difference as too light an iron shaft screw me in my tempo.

Maybe buy a single shaft and try first?? Another to consider is the new OT shaft....

OK. After a lot of reading forum posts for the last three years or so (!) I think I have narrowed down the choices to the following in order of preference:

503 (Maybe the best compromise within the range)

703 (Not a big fan of game improvement irons and clicky cavities like the Callaway Apex that I am in the process of selling)

551 (only if they are very temptingly priced and in good condition)

Thank you.