TRPX Red Hot Fwy

RLL33

Put the new TRPX Red Hot Fairway shaft in an S-Yard XV 5-wd and was blown away. The XV fwy woods are, like their big brother the t.388 driver, missile launching, boring traj, long-ballers. I've been playing them with Matrix shafts, but yesterday with this Red Hot in the 5, I didn't take the 3-wd out of the bag once. Hit the No.1 hc hole on my course in 2 for the first time ever.

This shaft is light and crisp, and produces what is advertised -- long, high draws. Combined with the lower traj head of the XV, the result is medium penetrating draw! Just love the feel, and in S-flex, all shots were tightly dispersed.

Just ordered up another for my 3-wd...

Will do, M, the combo is b-a-d. Shaft really complements the S-Yard stealth look.

Hmmmm, any comparison to the Messenger 1st FW shaft? Also, how might either of those compare to the original Crazy FW80?

It's closer to the Messenger than the FW80, which I found a little heavy/dampened or something in feel. Again, I lean toward lighter shafts than most, but they have to still pack punch. This one feels particularly effortless to me. Hard to put my finger on it exactly, but it really seems to respond to a long, smooth swing arc, but impact stays really crisp and controllable. I can spray fwy's when I get the wrong shaft match up, but this thing was sweet and stayed on target, even with uneven lies (which my course has a lot of at 2nd shot distances...). In that, it felt more specifically designed as a fwy shaft to me than the Messenger.

Thanks R, kinda makes me want to try an XV, seems to be a hot item on the sale list lately. Whats the biggest difference you see between your XV 5W and 3W? Currently bag a Ryoma F3 w/ a Dia W series but been thinking about putting my FW80 7.4 in it or potentially looking for another 3W head for that shaft. This adds another wrinkle to the fold, and I'm really indecisive about FW woods in general.

My woods were the last hold outs in my bag. Hadn't changed 3-wd in seven years. Nothing could get that baby out -- until the XV. Then once I hit it, I knew it was a keeper like the t388. I thought I'd try the 5-wd to see the difference and because Stew said he was hitting it near the same distance as the 3, only it was landing softer. I find that to be the case. Same hammer throw, pulsing distance, but a little higher trajectory, lands softer, less roll out. The 3-wd rolls out just like the t388, which is to say like a cannon ball. The 5-wd is more like... a... well struck 8-ball with some English on it. <g>

Sorry I haven't posted the pics yet. Thought I'd wait until I got the 3-wd shafted, too, and then post the two together with the T.388 as a happy family of three.

Finally got to snap a few pics yesterday of the three S-Yard's in my bag: t388, XV 3wd, and XV 5wd. The XV 5wd has the new TRPX Redhot shaft in it (middle pic). The one for the 3wd is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Really happy with this bag at the moment.

post-15743-0-72606300-1434556604_thumb.j

post-15743-0-14317100-1434556630_thumb.j

post-15743-0-03031300-1434556656_thumb.j

Finally got to snap a few pics yesterday of the three S-Yard's in my bag: t388, XV 3wd, and XV 5wd. The XV 5wd has the new TRPX Redhot shaft in it (middle pic). The one for the 3wd is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Really happy with this bag at the moment.

attachicon.gifS-Yards_1_ 061515.jpg

attachicon.gifS-Yard 5wd w TRPX redhot_ 061515.jpg

attachicon.giffull bag 1 - 061515.jpg

That's a mean setup! Been eying the t388, have to pull the trigger.

Yeah, the T388 is still special. Even the JBeam Blackout, also with 7D shaft in it, was not able to convert me. I still thank Kobayashi-san after many, many drives... <g>

Can we have some close up pictures if the 247's please?

Will do, Ian.