My Grail....

bk24bk

lads,

Chris made the suggestion to try the new RomaRo Alpha series and for once, he was spot on. (Just kidding, Chris).

I ordered the driver, 18* fairway, 24* and 27* hybrids all with the stock shaft in SR flex.

I'm a low ball hitter and my swing speed is about 90mph. The 10.5* driver came with a spec sticker on it that had the loft at 11.5* and the weight at 196g. Face angle is square. I was very happy they erred on the side of more loft.

The clubs look awesome, for starters. Very good looking heads with the black paint, silver face, and mirrored sole. I've hit them a few times and let me say they go high and straight. Easy to hit and pretty long. The driver got to some places on my home course that I have been before but rarely. And I was taking a nice easy swing. The fairway is long and easy to hit off the deck. These clubs would be perfect for the 15-25 handicap range that need forgiveness and launch and straightness (is that a word?). I am not in that range but I love these clubs. Just point it and swing it. Drives on the toe, heel, low and high all found the fairway today. Very happy. Thanks Chris!

Great to hear bk! I've always thought that the Romaro gear is underrated and don't get much love here. I love my 3wd and hybrids and they are firmly in the bag!

Thats great BK, always good when we find a range of gear that just works for our game.

As G7 says Romaro is very underrated but the quality is undeniable, the UTs do have good standing and would go as far to say a top 5 in the last few years.

Keep hittin them straight buddy ;)

• 1 month later...

I really like the look of the 3W. For some odd reason I gravitate towards compact drivers AND friendly large FWs..

• 1 month later...

I've been thinking about getting a driver for the off season when I'm not playing nearly as much and I remember how Chris spoke of this version. Now that you've had the summer with this set (driver in particular), any new insight or feedback? It doesn't seem like too many members are gaming this. I was hoping to see more feedback from people as opposed to being a pioneer, lol.

It's a very good driver, it's a high launcher reminds me of how the Maxima launches in the same lofts, face seems small but it is indeed forgiving and straight.

Forgiving, higher launching, good feeling, spin is mid/low.

I've had it for almost 3 months and nothing has come

Close to knocking it out. And I am a total Ho. It's gets better and longer every time I hit it. This is a winner. The 18* and 21* fairways are as good as any I have had. The 24 and 27 hybrids are pretty easy to use and I usually struggle in that department. These hybrids are as good as any I have used. Over 3 months and probably 40 rounds, the faces, the paint and the soles all still look great. I'm not hard on clubs generally, but these have really held up well.

It's great that this Alpha series driver, fairway woods, and hybrids are serving you well. Hope the irons are as successful. I'm shafting my Alpha irons with the Crazy STP 60 g shafts. I have Crazy/Glorious driver combination and I've never hit so many fairways before. However, I think I'm going to give the Alpha hybrid and fairways a try. Keep hitting them straight and long.