Coffee Drinkers Check this Out!

giga5_black.jpg

The crazy giga5 thing costs over 5k.

I've tried a Jura Machines before not this fancy model but they make noticeably better drinks.

At a certain point you can't spend much more on a machine as they all do pretty much the same thing but then you start getting into that 2-5k range and you see a difference. A smooth and quality cappuccino in the morning or after dinner is a luxury.

For normal coffee I subscribe to blue bottle Coffee : https://bluebottlecoffee.com/

Every week they send me new types from all over the world, it's a great way to test.

I also buy a la carte Jamacian & Kona Coffee.

Kerug, Nesspresso, Versimmo and all those capsule coffees have become trendy but the drinker ends up spending over $40 per pound for $3 a pound quality. $40 per pound coffee should taste a hell of a lot better.

For the same price you can have two coffee service subscriptions and money left over.

Any drinkers?

A Cappuccino after dinner is blasphemy, that much I learned the hard way in Italy..Morning ONLY, ha ha. I'm an espresso lover, drink a few double espressos daily.

When I need a quick pre work-out blast int he morning or if I'm tight with time I quite enjoy the aluminium bottle "The Black" cold or warm coffee you can get everywhere in Japan. I'm not too picky when I'm caffeine-starved!

I've seen this and it's on my radar! Looks amazing! Let me know if you end up buying it!

Drink coffee all the time, and like Vega said, when I'm caffeine-starved, I'm no snub-nose to any cup 'o joe. That being said, love me a good capp and latte, but not sure I'd spend this kind of dough to have it in-house. It's like a pool, the best one is your neighbors?? ;)

I have the Nespresso and completely agree about it being a rip off for not-so-good coffee, just good branding/packaging/marketing. Hardly use it for myself, but pull it out when guests are over so they can easily fix themselves a "fancy" coffee.

Like the idea of subscription service, and love me some Blue Bottle...may have to try, thx for the rec! :)

I use Nespresso for the convenience of not clearing up after. I have 2 shots of expresso each morning at 10 to 12 strength. I drink coffee for the bitter sweet taste and strength so really not into form stuff like latte. A friend of mine would buy green raw coffee bean and roast a few pound at a time and use a professional machine just to make a few expresso. Nothing automatic like the machine being posted here or Nespresso.

Man I am useless in the morning till I have had fresh coffee.

My machine is direct plumbed in to the water mains and is a ripper.

Can get myself in to trouble if I have to many though, if I have one to many by 10am I will proceed to talk a glass eye to sleep for the rest of the day.

Guys blue bottle is legit! I've never been to their retail locations but the online service delivers good coffee each with a story.

I've had versimo, keruig, and some other brand and while they were decent when I realized thats like $3 a pound type of coffee that I'm paying $50 a pound for so I had to taste what $50 a pound coffee was like and its a totally new level, my first cup I drink black just to taste the nuances of the bean.

On a trip I had some from a Jura and it was better than everything and only second to my favorite coffee shops in Japan and some Jamican stuff I was given at a hotel in India.

I'm not getting one of these anytime soon though.

I love coffee and am a long time Jura user ... but mine was a little cheaper then the one you posted. ;)

They are made just around the corner if compared how far they have to travel to get to Japan. Jura is the JDM of coffee-machines.

After the 4 year old broke our keruig and then 2 other cheap coffee makers I'm not getting anything good, just peets blend 101 and sometimes preparing cowboy style...

The great thing about coffee makers is that it's up to the bean so for about 150 you can get a REALLY good maker :

+ a subscription it's a wonderful experience new botique coffee's from all over the world each week

Yep, love coffee here. Aged Sumatra is the favorite, but for everyday I am partial to Rogers Family Coffee French Roast from Costco. Rodger does sell direct however.

Check out www.seattlecoffeegear.com They carry your Jura ... both personal and the Professional that you have pictured. I use the Bonavita maker since it is fast and cheaper than the Techvorium maker.

Key to good coffee is water temp and coffee grind, also got keep things real clean. Seattle Coffee Gear has many YouTube Videos and Maker Reviews.

I've never heard this before..lol

Haha, cant take credit for that Chris, that's what the old fella used to say when I have had to many coffees.

I use a local company Merlo. Best I have tasted since living in Spain.

• 2 weeks later...

If you visit London, you must stop by a store off Oxford Street in Mayfair called Higgins......it is a treat for coffee lovers. They still have a four table cafe downstairs where you can order coffee by the bean which is weighed out on old fashioned scales and made up for you. Served with a plate of assorted biscuits.

• 2 weeks later...

As a coffee snob I'm very particular with what I use in both machine and beans. All beans come from reviews based out of coffeereview.com each month. Subjective Flavor and profile decides it for me. I've tried these machines and they just don't cut it (For me). I wish they did. Don't get me wrong...I have a kuerig for certain guests and when in a hurry grind my 7-11 grams of beans and use a filter in it. Like golf I have just about every contraption for coffee. Espresso not so much ( Turkish coffee setup, aeropress, and a crappy breville that will make a good espresso after the 3rd attempt) Really espresso is such an art that I don't have time to get it perfect. If you like the taste from that machine...Great!!! I haven't found a machine yet that will knock the snob out of me from a nice professionally made espresso. For coffee, t'm sure I know much more about it than golf. 100% of the time I use Glass all the way down to the spoon. 75% of the time I use a french press because it's methodical, quick and easy. 20% I use a Cona vacuum because it is by far the best flavor (for me) but takes more time and care than the press. 5% of the time I use various chemex glass.

Along with the Cona Vacuum I will also use a hario Nouveau 5. I prefer the Cona but Hario is just as tasty. For anyone that wants Outstanding coffee I would suggest one of those companies. Hario is Japanese I believe. Not sure where it is manufactured though. They did not sell these in the U.S. I had to get mine through a company in a South Africa. lol