Ash's Summer 2015 Bag

akapur

So after many purchases and trials over this past spring I have settled on a main bag and backup bag to carry me through the season

Main Bag:
Driver: Vspec 9.5 with TPRX AIR shaft in Stiff
3W: Ptune 15 with Crazy Sigma FW-50 7.4
UT: A grind 18 with Quadra Fire Express 100S UT shaft
UT: Modart 22 with Quadra Fire Express 100S UT Shaft
Irons: OnOff Kuro with Quadra Fire DGL 115 Stiff Shafts
Wedges: Crazy Toyo 52/58 wedges with Crazy Graphite Stiff Shafts[
Callaway Mack Daddy 64 with KBS wedge Shaft
Putter: Epon Zen Gold's Modified with Quadra Fire Express Putter shaft

Backup Bag
Driver: JBeam Glorious 10 with Aldlia Rogue 110 60S Shaft
FW: Maruman Shuttle 5W with Stock Stiff shaft
UT: Epon 902 22 with Tour AD DI 85S shaft
Irons: OnOff 2013 Forged with MCI 120S Shafts
Wedge: Yururi Stating 50-56-60 With Shimada 120W shafts
Putter: Yamada Wide Blade Gold's Modified

post-15908-0-91576600-1434560821_thumb.jpost-15908-0-08363500-1434560833_thumb.jpost-15908-0-03542400-1434560841_thumb.jpost-15908-0-61338200-1434560848_thumb.jpost-15908-0-16932200-1434560856_thumb.jpost-15908-0-57956100-1434560862_thumb.jpost-15908-0-58252300-1434560870_thumb.jpost-15908-0-15577500-1434560885_thumb.jpost-15908-0-26612400-1434560892_thumb.jpost-15908-0-89993000-1434560898_thumb.jpost-15908-0-93066900-1434560907_thumb.jpost-15908-0-66294900-1434560915_thumb.jpost-15908-0-58091400-1434560923_thumb.j

Two wonderful bags.....and a most wonderful forum member!

Nice, Ash!! Enjoy 'em both!!

Nice bags Ash! Question, how do those epon iron covers stay on (minus my cheap zipper black covers, nothing I have found actually stay on irons when walking - just lost two Miura ones yesterday :(

Nice bags Ash! Question, how do those epon iron covers stay on (minus my cheap zipper black covers, nothing I have found actually stay on irons when walking - just lost two Miura ones yesterday :(

M

These ones are like socks. They are snug so when walking they don't fall off. Great purchase. I don't like the velcro or zipper ones as they fall off regularly

Nice Ash! Those are 2 great looking bags!

L

Thanks hope i can do them just and play well this season

Awesome bags Ash! Absolutely beauties!

Ash, I can tell a lot of thought went into putting these two bags together, great selections!

How's that Golds-tuned Zen?? do those sole weights ever disrupt your putt from some unwanted turf interaction? do they make the head feel heavier or just more balanced (the head is pretty heavy as it is stock)? did you go with a heavier shaft and grip too? trying to figure out how to balance the weight out in my zen more for a more smooth stroke with it, seems too head heavy so thinking a heavier shaft/grip might help counterbalance it a bit more.

Edited by needmoregolf

Beautiful set up, enjoy your summer :tsg_smiley_putter2:

Ash, I can tell a lot of thought went into putting these two bags together, great selections!

How's that Golds-tuned Zen?? do those sole weights ever disrupt your putt from some unwanted turf interaction? do they make the head feel heavier or just more balanced (the head is pretty heavy as it is stock)? did you go with a heavier shaft and grip too? trying to figure out how to balance the weight out in my zen more for a more smooth stroke with it, seems too head heavy so thinking a heavier shaft/grip might help counterbalance it a bit more.

D

I was trying to create as heavy a putter as i could with the zen. The point was to keep the putts on line. So 5 weights were added and we went with a heavy putter shaft the Quadra Fire Express Putter shaft.

The sole weights were made flush with the sole of the head so no unwanted turf interaction occurs.

The finish and milling on the face were left untouched.

All in all this is a great putter that works for me.

The yamada wide blade is also heavier after its visit with Golds

Great looking bags Ash from top to bottom.

Awesome bags Ash! Absolutely beauties!

Love your gears Ash! best bags I've seen so far for me.

oooooooooooooh yea...,

thats some damn tootin fine bags right there Ash,

deeeee lish.

Beautiful set up, enjoy your summer :tsg_smiley_putter2:

Guys thank you. As we all now collecting and trying new gear is a labor of love.

Super sick main bag. Love to hear how those quadra iron shafts play? Faaaar out I could play that bag for sure. Just sublime choices Ash!

Very fine stuff on both bags! looks awesome!

D

The Quadra shafts are very nice. Stable shaft with good feel. Ball flight is mid for me. They work great in the Kuro irons.

I in the past have only played steel shafts and dabbled with graphite shafts. These for me a more lively and preform better then the MCi or Roddio shafts.The Roddio's need a smooth transition to maximize the potential of the shaft and the MCI can feel a little to smooth sometimes.

Great bags! Looking for new shaft for my jbeam 535 currently with fire express 65s

Too soft for me how about glorious with rogue? I am thinking about rogue now

Great bags! Looking for new shaft for my jbeam 535 currently with fire express 65s

Too soft for me how about glorious with rogue? I am thinking about rogue now

I'd suggest the Bangvoo 787. This shaft is definitely not soft. And there's one for sale in the bst.......

Insane bags Ash, very well constructed and thought out.

You must be over the moon with those.

Thanks B

I am happy with the bags

Those Epon bags are really growing on me. Also ash, why haven't we golfer together? You're only 40 minutes away!