Fantastic session at 7D

nobmontana

I am down getting a back-up distance shaft :) Count me in...

its buy 5 get 1 free.....hmmm u got 4 already !!! this backup is gonna be #5....ding ding ding WINNER WINNER !!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am definitely interested but when I do it I'm going to do driver and 3w and there's no way I'm not doing it without being fitted.

Definitely jealous of those who have done it and are doing it soon. Living vicariously through this thread.

For me, the jury is still out on the 3W. I think the Crazy FW80 is a spectacular shaft and hard to beat. It launches medium/high with medium spin and has great feel. The 7D for me is much lower and tighter. Granted, I have gone for more par 5s with the 7D (as R & D can attest) with success, but less carry. I am not sure if I am seeing a ton of distance gain but it still is being worked on. No real misses though.

The driver shafts are second to none. Period.

Interesting about the 3W, m. I've been waiting on a review. Was thinking about one when I tried the TRPX Red Hot, and I've been so happy with it, I decided to just enjoy. Hits long high draws or screaming runners, depending on where I put the ball in my stance with the XV 3W. Definite draw bias, which I favor anyway.

Here's a thought, Chris... Has 7D ever made a shaft for a driving iron...? < g >

Interesting. Thanks!

For me, yeah, the 7D FW flies on a tight rope. Medium/low and straight, runs like a criminal. The FW80 was medium high with a slight draw biased and carries a lot more. I guess it depends on conditions right now which one I will take out. The dry weather in Cali is helping the 7D...

• 2 weeks later...

I wrapped up a range session about 30 minutes ago and today was a complete change from my first range session. I wouldn’t say it was a complete 180* change but maybe 140*. I hit perhaps 40 balls with the Jbeam 7D and the vast majority were very solid shots. I don’t typically count the number of excellent shots, rather I count the number of awful shots. This time around there were maybe 4 awful shots out of the 40 and the rest were at minimum, livable.

The weight of the club felt much more manageable today versus the first range session where my swing felt like an unfolded lawn chair.

In terms of distance I have no clue how far the 1990’s range balls were flying. All I know is that to the back of the range is about 280 but the tees were up about another 50 yards and I was either flying the net or driving directly into it.

I’m not in love with the club at impact as the feel is very hollow and tinny (if that’s a word). But, I wouldn’t let the feel prevent me from playing it. With 2 range sessions under my belt I think there is tremendous upside with this current driver and I can’t wait to get it out on the course.

I wrapped up a range session about 30 minutes ago and today was a complete change from my first range session. I wouldn’t say it was a complete 180* change but maybe 140*. I hit perhaps 40 balls with the Jbeam 7D and the vast majority were very solid shots. I don’t typically count the number of excellent shots, rather I count the number of awful shots. This time around there were maybe 4 awful shots out of the 40 and the rest were at minimum, livable.

The weight of the club felt much more manageable today versus the first range session where my swing felt like an unfolded lawn chair.

In terms of distance I have no clue how far the 1990’s range balls were flying. All I know is that to the back of the range is about 280 but the tees were up about another 50 yards and I was either flying the net or driving directly into it.

I’m not in love with the club at impact as the feel is very hollow and tinny (if that’s a word). But, I wouldn’t let the feel prevent me from playing it. With 2 range sessions under my belt I think there is tremendous upside with this current driver and I can’t wait to get it out on the course.

Thank you for this feedback and Im happy things appear to be working, below your first shaft vs your second shaft:

post-18-0-64311200-1444156412_thumb.png

post-18-0-27942400-1444156434_thumb.png

They designed the shafts very similar but increased the weight as you requested so the flex became a little weaker as you can see above.

Also your first build should have a similar balance to your second, can you confirm thats the case as if not the shaft should not be the variable because they are both very similar with subtle tweaks for you.

Chris,

thanks for the information! I can confirm that my first shaft in the T388 is a D4 swingweight at 45.25". when i get home i can throw it on a scale and take a picture but i am 100% sure its D4. This is why i was originally surprised with the D10 SW on the jbeam.

i read somewhere that the new Fubuki J uses tungsten in the tip to increase swing weight.....perhaps this is similar ???

7d advertising on main stream japanese tv now......

good adds too.

going to the masses..,!

That's pretty amazing for such an expensive niche product. Can't be cheap

• 3 weeks later...