Genuine or counterfeit Honma?

door

Hi everyone,

I came across this secondhand Honma ladies golf LB-606 set for sale (with a missing 8 iron).

post-17485-0-88512400-1436235546_thumb.j

post-17485-0-40468200-1436235548_thumb.j

post-17485-0-82620800-1436235549_thumb.j

post-17485-0-85368700-1436235550_thumb.j

Does anyone know a reliable way to ascertain if they're genuine or fake? I've tried googling for ways but can't seem to find any proper info.

I emailed the Honma reseller in my area but their extremely unhelpful response was to either buy from an authorised retailer or else take the clubs to Japan for technicians to examine. Completely unimpressed at the customer service.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by door

There are so many counterfeit golf clubs are out there and hard to tell which ones are real or fake now days

But those Honma clubs are from ealry 90's? I'm pretty sure that time they don't have enough skill to make those high quality set :)

I'm 100% sure they are real!

PS 90's fake stuffs are ridiculous lol

Thanks heaps for the replies :) Really grateful for the input.

Yes I emailed the local shop, and they confirmed that the model had been discontinued since 1999. They don't have any record of selling this set in the shop, but I reckon the purchase is worth a risk!

Edited by door