New 6061 milled Al inserts by TM.

nobmontana

So I had the chance to see and try the TM ARC1 putters during my recent stay in Japan.

The normal ARC1 which has a larger head comes with the well known Pure Roll polymer insert.

The ARC1 Tour is the smaller of the two and comes with a newly designed 6061 Aluminium milled insert.

To me, the Pure Roll insert sounds and feels a bit cheap. I have a Daddy Long Legs( DLL) I keep with my in laws in Japan and while I love how forgiving the head is and how well I can putt with it, not my favorite when it comes to feel.

At a local Golf Do! in Machida, Tokyo, I got to try the ARC1 Tour. While I really did not care for the shape of the head as it looked a bit weird. I wanted to try it out since it is a Japan only model.

I was pleasantly surprised by the firm feel and feedback which was completely different from the Pure Roll insert. My other putters I have are all fine milled and none are deep milled. I prefer firmer touch with my putters. I was thinking if the DLL came with this 6061 insert what a great putter it would be!

Lo and behold, TM is releasing the DLL+ putter later this month.

So I ordered it thru Golfsmith during their 4th of July sale. 50 bucks off of a pre-release putter! with free shipping. not a bad deal! Comes with a counterbalanced Super Stroke 2.0 and everything.

Really looking forward to using this putter going into local tournament season!

Edited by nobmontana

• 3 weeks later...

Finally received my new TM DLL+ 38" putter today directly shipped from TMAG Carlsbad.

Without unwrapping from the shrink film, I started to putt with it on the carpet.

The ball comes off the face with real nice feel. Odyssey White Ice ix like.

TM really nailed the feel with this new insert.

Man, this thing is so stable and forgiving. 1/3 of the face feels like it is sweet spot with absolutely no twisting of the head if you somewhat catch the center. Ping G30 of putters should I say.

I am also able to confirm the very early forward roll as the ball comes off the face.

Looking forward to taking it out on the course and to help me with a few strokes I tend to leave on the course with some 3 to 4 footers!!

post-14163-0-40453200-1438046713_thumb.j

post-14163-0-15229200-1438046718_thumb.j

post-14163-0-33253400-1438046722_thumb.j

post-14163-0-58053100-1438046725_thumb.j

post-14163-0-14615300-1438046729_thumb.j

Lol g30 of putter!!

I have not tried the Golo. but based on the shape and size, I think the DLL would be more twist resistant and automatic.

Calling 6061 Aluminium new is funny It's been a great choice for putters for 20+ years, I wish more people would order their golds factory inserts of 6061 AL but Aluminium doesn't sound the most exotic or cool.

what was the material you had Gold's do for that Odyssey Tour Black you once had?

Something with Aluminum and German Silver?.... I had that head for a few months. Should have never let it go! :)

I wish I could get that insert into this putter. it would enhance the feel even more!!

what was the material you had Gold's do for that Odyssey Tour Black you once had?

Something with Aluminum and German Silver?.... I had that head for a few months. Should have never let it go! :)

I wish I could get that insert into this putter. it would enhance the feel even more!!

I don't remember, is your putters AL feel soft and light? AL has always been a great choice for inserts and also for the putter body if it's a larger size.

It's actually not bad. But it feels a bit hollow on longer putts. ( harder strikes )

shorter putts feel great. not too soft and not too firm.