Honma TW727 430 9.5* YZ76 Stiff - SOLD!

This club feels great to the hand though I did get the RS flex. Too bad I have not yet had the chance to give it a real try either at the range or the fairways. All I've been able to do is fondle it and move it around in my room. I think it's going to surprise me as it feels like it is not an old man's club and is more like a club designed for real competition. The question will be more like are you good enought to do all the things this club can do. At least, the club feels that way to me. It's not a feel I expected from Honma and am rather surprised, but pleasantly.

Shambles

WHOOPS MY BAD.

THE MODEL I HAVE IS A 455 NOT THE POSTED CLUB.

Shambles

Edited by Shambles

seriously, what gives with these honmas!!? been quite a few of the different models languishing on the BST lately...they all look damn good, but are they just not that impressive as drivers? or do you have to spend a fortune on one of their handmade shafts for the head to really sing?? Chris, can you shed some light on this mystery?

I'm interested in this driver but can't seem to find much info on the shaft characteristics. What can it be compared with? The driver looks awesome. I used to play Honmas back in the day and still have a few persimmon heads. Just refinished a Tour Model 4 wood with a 2-star shaft. It is a piece of art. After I busted the sweet spot of my last Hi-Powered persimmon driver in 1995 I went with their first steel model. This was when I was off to college in the US. Remember walking into Fairway Golf in San Diego to re-grip my Honma and Hide and Toshi-san (I think those were the names) welcomed me with open arms. I kept coming back in, getting one-off Scottys; a Honma PP-717 set of blades, an NTB Classic persimmon driver (still have it) and a bunch of other stuff. My team mates back then played Callaway Big Berthas and I guess I would have been better of doing that too but golf to me is about looks as much as it is about the final number.

Please give some more insight into this shaft Chris as this may be my next baby to pamper.

I have played this shaft in a TW 727 455 and 455s. It is a superb shaft and launched medium to high for me. I found that the SR suited me best (swingspeed of about 100 mph) but I know I prefer them slightly soft. I hit this long!

Thanks Staxxx!

I have played this shaft in a TW 727 455 and 455s. It is a superb shaft and launched medium to high for me. I found that the SR suited me best (swingspeed of about 100 mph) but I know I prefer them slightly soft. I hit this long!

This is very interesting since Honma classifies this shaft as a high kick pt. shaft. Would have thought it would launch lower....

but then the 455 and 455S are naturally higher launching heads.

This 430cc in particular uses different materials compared to the other heads made with ELF face / KS100 combo ala Epon.

I am wondering if this 430cc feels/Sound very different because of that.

Head material

Sole G4 titanium

Crown 3AL-2.5V titanium/forged

Face Ti5N/forged

Edited by nobmontana

I normally game a Ping G25 or G30 8.5 driver, but recently fall in love with 727 455S. My 455S is 9.5, with same shaft YZ 65 S. It launches a bit higher, but with some incredible run. Can't imagine that with my average 100-105SS, I get a lot of 280 driving distance in a round. But-------,

only when I hit on the sweet spot. Over all, this 727 is a great driver. I really appreciate Honma's tech.

Someone had hit both 455 and 430 could tell us what is the difference on the ball flight and over all feeling. I'd love to hear. Thanks.

PM sent Chris, I'll give this a go :-)

The 455 with the SR flex I have feels like something made for Americans of old, certainly not the expected soft to flex that normally comes from Japan these days. Likewise I'm inclined to believe it is a high kick shaft as the few hits I've made with it have been rather low fliers. This shaft needs a player, not a week end warrior.

Shambles