Tourstage F/ST 15 with Fuji 761TB: first impression

ziggy1

Yes, I did it! Although the 761 is supposed to be a driver shaft.

F/ST 15, 761TB stiff, tipped 1 inch, 45 inches, D3

Holy smokes!

The feel, sound and looks are just incredible. The club sets up a bit closed compared to my SS07 14. Maybe half a degree, but nothing too bad. No hook machine at all.

The 761 feels a bit stiffer than the 869 in my SSo07, maybe also because of the bore through insert in the Tourstage. The F/ST has a higher launch with a bit more spin, but the ball is not ballooning. I think the concept of a high kick shaft with a slightly higher lofted 3 wood works great.

I can´t judge the overall distance too much, but I guess that the F/ST is only a little bit shorter than the SS07 - which is the longest 3 wood I tried so far by a large margin. The F/ST plays similar to a 980 F strong, it just feels a LOT more solid and definitely longer distance.

I´m really surprised about the 761TB in this 3 wood. Originally wanted to use it in a driver, but the tip had some damage anyhow, so I was more or less forced to cut off the tip. Great decision..

I was looking for a slightly higher trajectory than my SS07 14. So far, the new combo looks like a winner. These two 3 woods are definitely the best ones I´ve ever tried - by a large margin. Sonartec wins the distance award and Tourstage the looks, feel and forgiveness awards - so far.